VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have what looks like a grounding strap on the drivers side in the engine compartment by the hood bracket, the strap is connected to the hood alarm sensor, i just want to know where the other part is connected, the other question is does anybody know where the black wire on the O2 sensor goes? all the wires are connected to the plug except this one, it was in a rubber sheilding and it looks broken but i can't find out where the other end is or where it goes?
thanks

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
Re: 2 questions (capthowdy_1968)

The grounding strap goes from a bolt on the hood's hinge to the car side of the hindge. If I remember correctly
The wires on the O2 sensor Plug. 3 wires lead to the sensor. They are 2 white and 1 black
the 4th prong on the plug is a ground wire and it bolts on to the motor mount and O2 plug holder. The wire often breaks off on the O2 sensor side of the plug and I have seen this happen a lot. A quick fix is to take the wire off of the plug on the ECU side of the plug and crimp on a wire terminal that allows you to bolt the wire to the mount and continue the ground.
Hope I answered the question. Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.