VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do any of you ever valet your car?
2. Do any of you let(mind) your spouse (or significant other) drive your car? And if you do is that the only person you let drive it?

Modified by sarno at 7:27 AM 3-18-2008

· Registered
324 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (SickWrathTerror)

Valet - Haven't yet, but don't see why I wouldn't.
Spouse - Yes. I bought it for her daily driver.
I fail to see the big deal about this. It is a car. Big deal. It's not a sports car. It's a hatchback with AWD.

· Registered
187 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (Number2504)

Quote, originally posted by Number2504 »
I fail to see the big deal about this. It is a car. Big deal. It's not a sports car. It's a hatchback with AWD.

I agree, somewhat... I let my friends test drive it as well when I got... hell i let them rape it too lol. It is a car... and cars are meant to be driven!

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me...
I'm not sure about valet, I've seen how those guys (I hate to stereotype) drive the cars.
As for my spouse, I'd love for her to drive it but I think she's too worried about it now. We were demo'ing an R (a UG) over the weekend before I bought mine. She took it out for the afternoon. She went to get out of it and a big gust of wind caught the door and slammed it into the car next to her. Put a nice dent into the R's door and added a few scratches to boot.
I tried to convince her to not worry about. But ever since then she's been gun shy. When we took it back to the dealer, they didn't mind at all, they were quite cool about it.
I'm hoping that she will start to drive it, since one of the main reasons we got this car was b/k of the DSG, she can't drive stick. She tried, but never could drive my Cobra.

· Registered
315 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (Silver-Bolt)

Quote, originally posted by Silver-Bolt »
Significant other, it's her car. She occasionally lets me drive it. Usally after installing her latest mods or washing it.

no to valet.
yes, wife drives it more then me. shes already put 4000 miles on it vs. my 500..
After first week of my wife driving the R32 she told me she wants her own. I need to fix her Cabriolet

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (Number2504)

Quote, originally posted by Number2504 »

People love their cars... doesn't matter if its a 20k car or a 100k car, if you have fallen in love with it, the fear of someone curbing one of your wheels or much worse totaling it is scary... as for it not being a sports car thats in the eye of the beholder... it IS a limited production car and for the few people that keep theirs forever wouldn't you like to stay that it has almost all of the original parts and was never in an accident..? Its considerably different if you damage your car vs is someone else does it...

· Registered
8,019 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (sarno)

Quote, originally posted by sarno »
1. Do any of you ever valet your car?
2. Do any of you let(mind) your spouse (or significant other) drive your car? And if you do is that the only person you let drive it?

Modified by sarno at 7:27 AM 3-18-2008

1. yes. the only valet i use with any frequency is Gordon Biersch and Gringos, both of which park the car directly in front of the restaurant. I feel more nervous giving them then GTI or the hybrid.
2. if I had one, then yes that would be the only one, on very select occasions

· Registered
12,538 Posts

As a rule, I avoid Valet Parking whenever possible. but sometimes it's unavoidable.

My wife drives the R all the time.

You know, its kind of funny, but I never used to let anyone drive any of my cars,
but this one is different.
I love tossing the key to trusted friends just so I can see the 'Permagrin' on
their faces when they return.

--Chuck--

· Registered
4,512 Posts

1. I generally avoid valets, but I will if I have to. Last one was an underground parking structure, and when they started my R up 150 feet away, my wife said, "That's you..." A distinctive rumble.
2. The wife drives it when necessary, but she prefers her Mini S. She thinks the R is 'too fast on the accelerator, too harsh on the brakes.'

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (Mr_Peach)

1. I don't go places that have valets
2. Sure. As long as it doesn't involve parallel parking

· Banned
6,475 Posts
Re: 2 Questions... (Mr_Peach)

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Peach »
1. I generally avoid valets, but I will if I have to. Last one was an underground parking structure, and when they started my R up 150 feet away, my wife said, "That's you..." A distinctive rumble.
2. The wife drives it when necessary, but she prefers her Mini S. She thinks the R is 'too fast on the accelerator, too harsh on the brakes.'

"Not cheesy enough on the inside"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.