VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im somewhat new to this site, well ive been a lurker for awhile but thats gonna change. Anyways, i need help bad, I just changed the plugs in my car and now when the motors under load and i give it gas it bogs and chugs it way along. If I put it in neutral and slowly apply the gas it will rev free and fine but if I give it a poke from idle it will bog and chug
. My exhuast has been dead for awhile and I havnt had the cash to fix it, car ran fine with the bad exhuast except for the obvious excess noise from it. When I had the plugs out I checked my coil pack and sure enough there were 2 or 3 cracks in it so I JB'd them and reinstalled.. someone please help, its my only mode of transportation and im lost without it. Dont bother with sayin put the old plugs back in because I already tried that to no avail

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, thanks for the ideas guys, ah, how much did you want for that stock system Bonny, Ive got a line on a Complete magnaflow system local, but Im worried about the CEL being stuck once I put that exhaust on???
I know the old plugs werent gapped properly, the ceramic peice inbetween the 3 electrodes is triangular now. But I bought a set of BOSCH PLatinum 2's, I indexed them in the parts book at crappy tire, shouldnt they be pre-gapped?

· Registered
784 Posts
even if they are pregapped, ALWAYS GAP SPARK PLUGS. it just makes life sooo much easier, trust me. Just be very careful while doing so. Anothing thing is when changing plugs it's easy to tap them on the way in, so make sure to be very careful when doing this too. Oh, and the stock exhaust looking for 150 and we split shipping :-D

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Re: (Neophyte311)

Quote, originally posted by Neophyte311 »
Oh yeah almost forgot, I have a multimeter, and Id like to check the wires but im not sure how, would anyone care to explain?

You need to use OEM plugs. I changed mine in my 2.0 to some plugs that the local auto parts store was selling and the car ran the same way you posted. When checking the wires pull them out and take one lead from the tester and place on one end and the other on the other end. Then have the multimeter set for resistance. You want all the wires to be about the same resistance and the # should be close to zero.

· Registered
3,517 Posts
Re: (Neophyte311)

Yeah i thought i read somewhere that VW's don't like platinum plugs...maybe i am hallucenating (sp) Just my $0.02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.