VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? Lost the second turbo in 3 weeks. Curious if anyone has had a problem with oil feed line plugging?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Re: 2 Turbos in 3 weeks! (Jon Trusik)

I would start by checking oil flow at the feed line . ANYTIME ive replaced a turbo ive ALLWAYS change feed and return line
Just my 2 cents Bob.G

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2 Turbos in 3 weeks! (rracerguy717)

It's a stock '98 Passat with K03. No codes. I believe the pressure side must be partially blocked. Ran fine for 3 weeks, today started squealing and all sorts of fine noises as well as power loss.

·
Registered
923 Posts

I would definitely check the oil line on a 98 passat. Especially if you have one with the green colored dash lights. I think there is a recall on the feed line on the early passats. I would check into it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts

I thought it was standard practice to replace all oil/coolant lines when replacing turbo due to failure?

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: 2 Turbos in 3 weeks! (SlvrBllt)

Quote, originally posted by SlvrBllt »
I thought it was standard practice to replace all oil/coolant lines when replacing turbo due to failure?

At least the oil lines, feed and return.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: 2 Turbos in 3 weeks! (MRP2001GTi)

if the shop that replaced your turbo didn't replace the turbo, slap them, then slap them with the bill for a K03 install from another shop. RUN don't walk away from any shop stupid enough to do this!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Been there done this many times, the way i found out, was taking off the feed line and staring the car if there was oil going through it i would have been soaked in oil and not one drop came out. i see it all the time on 98 passat's and 97-98 a4's.
Chris Green

·
Registered
6,675 Posts

Ok then, stand in front of the mirror and with your open right hand......j/k

Yes it's the oil lines, and you are not the first guy that's happened to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts