VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Because, ahem, as far as I know there are a whole lot fewer 337's built than the 20 AE's.

Honestly it does seem odd that the 337 did not get a "serial number" dash tag or something. Maybe we just have to list all our 337 VIN numbers!
PS...if there already is a 337 list somewhere, pardon my ignorance...there ARE more than a few posts to look through in these forums!

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (apex107)

If it's so important maybe you should spend the time and money to create a website dedicated as a 337 Registry.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

there is a 337 registry forum somewhere, i remember reading about it and was going to register but never got around to it. someone will have the link. just bump this thread a few more times over the weeks.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (KC Jazz)

Quote, originally posted by KC Jazz »
If it's so important maybe you should spend the time and money to create a website dedicated as a 337 Registry.

good answer

·
Registered
867 Posts

Yeah, I've been asking myself this question as well. I'd definitely be interested in this registry...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (regnu337)

Thanks regnu337. That's the new link.. Should work if anyone is interested in registering their cars.
There are only 189 registered 337's right now.. Most of wich are ones I've found for sale..

Modified by IMurSTAR at 5:52 PM 5-22-2004

Modified by IMurSTAR at 5:56 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (IMurSTAR)

Forgot when, but I know I saw a certified badge you can get for your 337s representing what number your 337 is. It was on the tex months ago. I think you apply for it using your vin numbers.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (TRBO_MKfour)

Quote, originally posted by TRBO_MKfour »
Forgot when, but I know I saw a certified badge you can get for your 337s representing what number your 337 is. It was on the tex months ago. I think you apply for it using your vin numbers.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the badge used on the 25th Anniversary GTIs? I know those had a badge on the right side.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (TRBO_MKfour)

I won't start the whole 337 production number thread but lets just say there is no way to know what your production number is. Well of course asside from actually finding someone helpful at VW or someone actually managing to get every 337 vin and registering it somewhere (I'm trying)..
tomorrow I'm implementing a new version of the site wich you'll be able to see the # of cars broken out by State (or province for you canada peeps). Also I put together a predictive production number calculator on the site. It's not entirely accurate (as some numbers come up several times) but it's fun to see what number you might be without having to wait for all the numbers to be entered.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (Grogthefrog)

There are 5 in the registry. But I only have 10% of the cars so by that math atleast 50.. It's hard to tell I know I have one car in the registry that I found totalled on Ebay. And found again 2 months ago because some guy was selling his pristine show car. So who knows how many I don't know about that took that route.

·
Registered
21,522 Posts
Re: 20 AE registry?? There should be a 337 registry!! (IMurSTAR)

i will be registering tomorrow....took me long enough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts