VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently apr stage 2 with a B&B downpipe and I have been looking for an exhaust but I'm a bit confused. All the exhaust I've looked into including the B&B exhaust seem to have the same issue and I would like someone to maybe let me know something I don't know.... So my downpipe connects to the turbo, replaced the Cat and then runs a 3" inch pipe to the second to last muffler/ resonator ... But every exhaust ive looked into has a description which states that it begins from the tail pipe and runs to right before the catalyc converter and if I'm not mistaken my downpipe us a 2 piece , one the cat replacement and two is the 3" inch pipe which someone has to be replaced again but the new exhaust... Is this right ? Should I be looking for an axle back exhaust instead of a vat back exhaust ? Btw : all the exhaust do in fact show the additional pipe which has already been replaced by My B&B downpipe........ Anyway , can someone please clear this up for me or smack me to see the light. Thanks in advance and also , my apologies if I'm in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Basically there are downpipes, catbacks, and turbobacks. The downpipe is what u have and can include a cat, in this case it does. A catback connects to the downpipe or basically from the 'cat' and back. You can buy a catback and downpipe separately and then it completes your turboback exhaust; everything from te turbo and back. Or you can buy the whole turboback exhaust that will include the downpipe and catback.

You might be searching for the wrong thing. At this point you only need a catback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts