VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get the Euro switch for my 2000 EV (mostly because I want a switch with front and rear fogs available because I'll be adding both to my EV). I thought I heard once that the A3 Golf/Jetta/GTI switch (and presumably the current Cabrio) shares the switch with the late EVs. True? Also, will the Euroswitch work with the DRLs with no notable side effects? I know most people usually also opt to disable their DRLs when going to the Euroswitch but I kinda don't really care - the DRLs don't bother me and I don't mind keeping them. Mostly just going after having front/rear fog positions on the switch.

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2000 EV light switch - same as A3? (J_Westy)

Yup - that's the one I think I want ("Britswitch") - thanks! Don't really need the levelling switch ("Euroswitch") functionality.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: 2000 EV light switch - same as A3? (gti_matt)

Make sure you get one with red lighting - most MK3 switches are green backlit.
Cheers!
edit - 7D0 941 531 P 01C, as stated by Split, will indeed yield the switch you are after.

[Modified by dr.orange, 10:21 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2000 EV light switch - same as A3? (dr.orange)

Righto. I'm guessing it's the late A3 Cabriolet (basically the current one that is a lookalike to the A4s with A4-lookalike bumpers and headlamps) that have the red-lit switch (to go with the red/blue dash lighting).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.