VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 2000 golf at an auction i got it home and the transmission wont shift gear till 5K rpm and even then i have to let of the gas for it to change gears. I ran VAG-COM diagnostics on it but no fault codes. I just have error codes for my throttle actuator and positioning sensor, would that have anything to do with the gear shifting? But anyways i can shift gears once i get to 5K rpm and i let of the gas first and 2nd gear like that. So if you can give me any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
987 Posts
Re: (ken_po)

Def sounds to me like a throttle body issue. If you can find someone with vag com in your area, try readapting the throttle body. A lot of the shift is controlled by throttle angle sensing. If the throttle angle signal to the computer is whacky then it wont shift right.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (mjgvw16v)

i have vag-com on my laptop i connected to the car and i have a lot of error codes relating to the throttle adaptaion. Anyone have any instructions on how to readapt the throttle body to the car. Im going to retry using vag-com tomorrow mess around with some settings. Any help would be appreciated still need to get this car to shift at appropriate points. When i conenct the car to vag-com it says default TPS sensor reading is 53% Its a 4 Cylinder 2.0 Liter Automatic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.