VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem a long time, but haven't posted here in a long time. I figured now was the time to solve this problem.
The volume control on my 2000 Monsoon HU goes from "MIN" to loud instantly. There's no "low" volume setting. It's either fairly loud (about where most people listen to the radio) or off. I'd like to be able to turn the volume down a bit every now and then. What can I do?

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (VR6mirage)

try changing the power on volume state..
hold down the search button(the big round on on the right) for like 3-4 seconds, and you can change that volume there..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (Godlike)

No, it's not the power on volume. This is just in general. I've adjusted the power on volume, and it has the same problem. Actually, the power on volume minimum setting is pretty darn loud.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (JettaVR6mk)

Are u sure it is not related to what you are listening.. I have the same problem, but it disappears from CD to CD , or radio station to station...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (haydar)

absolultely sure... this is a consistent problem.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts

I had this problem with my 2000 Jetta GLS with Monsoon sound system. Last year I bought a 2001 GTI GLX with audio controls on the steering and found you can get the sound very low using the steering wheel controls. Same prob still there with the stereo controls

·
Registered
176 Posts

its honestly worth the money to get rid of the monsoon system bc they are great for about a year and then they start to mess up three friends have that prob

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (fishs18t)

...i got the same problem...
what i do that sometimes, sometimes doesn't work, is say, if i'm in CD mode (i have the 6-cd changer in the trunk) i turn it to the next to MIN volume, and go to FM radio...this seems to reset everything. then i turn it back to the CD mode and it usually takes care of the problem. the next-to-0 volume is usually lower than it was before...
nevertheless it IS a pain.

*e

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (dieselgrrrrl)

Try hitting the power button off, then hitting power button back on again, this works for me. I also agree that the auto power on minimum volume setting of 8 is still pretty loud.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Re: 2000 Monsoon volume problem? (Daveedub)

I can tell mine is getting there too since when I adjust the volume at low levels, each click makes a slight static sound and the volume jumps up and down irregularly per click.
And what's with the annoying beep when you want to mute the sound? If you want it quiet, it shouldn't go, "BEEP!!!" That's it, i'm getting a new head unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.