VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Asking $6500
I am selling my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 5spd. The car has been my sweetheart the past 5 years. I bought it and have literally brought it back from the dead the past 5 years. I became so bonded with this car that when I bought a replacement TDI to replace this red one, I sold the replacement TDI and just kept it.
Well now the time has come, and sadly it must go. After 5 years and 100,000 miles of my own blood, sweat and tears it’s time to move on. I've got probably $15,000 into fixing this car up, replacing nearly every single component of the car along the way or upgrading the existing hardware.
The car has been my daily driver for the past 5 years now, and I've put roughly 100,000 miles onto it (that's not including the miles I've put onto my other cars I own in the same duration of time). The car was a solid mess the first two years of ownership, requiring lots and lots of maintenance and repairs. The past three years though, the car has been ROCK SOLID reliable. Everything that I did to this car had 3 things in mind: 1.) Reliability 2.) Economy and 3.) Safety, since I drive a lot for my job.
The car has a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, custom intake/intercooler setup, custom intake, upgraded clutch, upgraded flywheel, upgraded shifter/tranny tunnel (2003 style), upgraded medium-bolster GTI seats, pads and rotors, upgraded headlight bulbs, the best all-season tires you can buy etc.
BEFORE I SELL THE CAR, I will install a new timing belt. This will be my 2nd one on the car. I don't trust anybody else to install it besides perhaps a guru but the chances of somebody on here buying it and consulting a guru are slim.
Don't purchase this car thinking it's a show car or a stunner; it isn't. Its not hideous, but sure wont place in a best-of-show. But what it is, is reliable and quick; 50+mpg in town, 58mpg @ 77mph, 62mpg @ 55mph are consistent numbers the past 5 years. It currently has a very well maintained 223k miles on it. I only used 5w 40 Castrol Syntec European Blend, which is $10/quart. Change the oil every 8,000-10,000 miles.
I will have a full build sheet for the car when the seller puts cash into my hand, and I will always have an open text-line for whoever buys it so I can lead them in the right direction when they decide to upgrade, mod, or repair anything.
Whats wrong with the car?
1.) Some ******* in buffalo smacked my mirror a few weeks ago. I zip tied it up and was able to piece the glass back together, but its not the prettiest.
2.) The ac doesn't work. It was working 2 summers ago, but there is something up w/ the fan system (pretty sure it’s the relay) which prevents the secondary fan from coming on, which disables the ac system.
3.) There is an airbag light on. When I swapped in the MUCH more comfortable GTI seats it was 95* and I was too hot to install the pass-side conversion harness. I have the 2 wire harness that will go with the car, or I can install it for you which will REMOVE the airbag light from being on. I can even install the harness for you.
4.) Tint is 'meh'. Not that great.
5.) My trunk won’t open. It was getting hard to lift open, so I thought I'd be smooth and take a crow bar and jimmy that metal piece that the trunk reciever goes into to make it smoother. Apparently my jimmy trick didn't work and now I can hear the latch releasing but I can’t open the damn trunk.
Literally built this thing from the ground up, replacing damn near anything that can break or go wrong with the car. EVERYTHING. From brake pads to rotors to wheel bearings to CV"s to e-brake cables to candy GLI tails (new in box), to swapping out the trans for an '03 unit, to a SS kit, to new interior pieces, to seats, to shocks, to new intake/turbo/injectors/IC/intake/manifold/DP/exhaust, to new battery, lift pump, fuel wiring, fuel injector overflow lines, upgraded clutch, upgraded flywheel, alternator, timing belt (twice)... quite literally, I've replaced everything on this car.
Car needs nothing mechanically to stack on another 250-300k miles.
I will deliver the car by trailer. I will detail the car inside/outside. I will do timing belt/water pump/stretch bolts/pump timing.
I might consider DIRECT TRADES for another diesel truck... dont care the make, but make sure its 1994 or later. Might trade for a Prius. Might trade for another 2003+ TDI. Might trade for a Civic Si. Might trade for a 2006+ Honda Civic.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Merry Christmas bump

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
up for offers

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
send weekend offers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
its not going to sell unless you post those mods and mileage of when they were performed...plus asking price may be a little steep. GLWS

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all due respect, I'm not going to sit here and type out when in the past 5 years I replaced near every single part on this car. When the person puts cash in my hand, I will have an entire list printed up of everything done and when abouts I did it.

I'm very negotiable on the price... want the car gone.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Literally built this thing from the ground up, replacing damn near anything that can break or go wrong with the car. EVERYTHING. From brake pads to rotors to wheel bearings to CV"s to e-brake cables to candy GLI tails (new in box), to swapping out the trans for an '03 unit, to a SS kit, to new interior pieces, to seats, to shocks, to new intake/turbo/injectors/IC/intake/manifold/DP/exhaust, to new battery, lift pump, fuel wiring, fuel injector overflow lines, upgraded clutch, upgraded flywheel, alternator, timing belt (twice)... quite literally, I've replaced everything on this car.

Car needs nothing mechanically and will easily stack on another 250-300k miles.

If anybody has any specific questions, I have no issues answering them. But I'm not taking anybody serious (IE not going to take time to write 3 pages of mods/repairs) until somebody starts talking cash.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump for $6k or best offer. Most solid TDI you'll find.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL thats ok, thanks man. I wasn't paying attention and somehow posted it over there for the retards, err vultures, err kiddies with half a brain other than "low!" to get ahold of.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice car and the price seems more than fair, if not a little lower than expected. Too bad I'm broke. GLWS.
Thank you. You can then share my pain when somebody thought they were offering me a fair price of $2000:facepalm:

The price is very fair, in the sense that this car is 1,000% mechanically stout. I drive across the country all the time and have never, ever, ever been left stranded. The past 3 years I've put a lot of time, money and effort into bulletproofing this car to be a reliable, fun, daily driver that gets 50+ mpg.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Years bump for $6,000 :beer:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump for offers! Quick, good mpg, reliable. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ugg to the top.

To the buyer:

I will deliver the car by trailer. I will detail the car inside/outside. I will do timing belt/water pump/stretch bolts/pump timing.

Also, forgot to mention. My truck wont open. It was getting hard to lift open, so I thought I'd be smooth and take a crow bar and jimmy that metal piece that the trunk reciever goes into to make it smoother. Apparently my jimmy trick didn't work and now I can hear the latch releasing but I can open the damn trunk.

Also, car is running open downpipe right now. It sounds amazing. Full 3" exhaust is in place though if you want to re connect it.

Bump for offers!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Up for any and all offers...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Up.

Raced a Civi-Si-killing 270hp Acura TL automatic the other night from a 3rd gear pull. Was dead even with him until we had to let off around (my) 4th gear. Not bad for 50 mpg+

The owner of said acura TL texted me the following day when he found my car for sale locally and congratulated my car.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few pics to show the finish of the car

Up for offers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts