VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do a search on this but couldn't really find anything with the same symptoms. Car worked perfectly fine in the morning then when I went to drive it later it simply would not start. It doesn't even try to turn over or anything. The battery is good, I've verified that. The only thing I've noticed is the brake pedal indicating light on the automatic shift panel goes out shortly after turning the key to "on" and I can freely shift gears without pressing the brake. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
687 Posts
There is a good "won't start" checklist on TDIclub dot com. Also where most TDI info is contained and dispensed.
Oh no. Another TDI with the 01M automatic.
Sounds like perhaps maybe the brake interlock switch has issues for now.

·
Registered
2001 Jetta GLS 1.8T
93 Posts
There is a good "won't start" checklist on TDIclub dot com. Also where most TDI info is contained and dispensed.
Oh no. Another TDI with the 01M automatic.
Sounds like perhaps maybe the brake interlock switch has issues for now.
That does sound like it could potentially be the issue. My brake interlock switch went out on my last Mk4 TDI and caused a no start. I agree though that TDIclub.com is a better source of info regarding the TDI platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.