VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a friend with a 2K1 Maxima SE that he wants better handling from. I know a decent amount about what's available for VW suspension tuning, but I don't know a damned thing about what he should get for his Maxima.
He mentioned sway bars, but I think he would probably benefit from some type of suspension kit as well.
I would like to know
A) what are the top 3 or so sway bar makers and configs for this car
B) who makes aftermarket suspension upgrades for Maximas that are on par with H&R, K&N, Bilstein, etc. What are the options for suspension upgrades?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
8,673 Posts
Re: 2001 Maxima SE Suspension Options (TheModSquad)

consult freshalloy.com

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Re: 2001 Maxima SE Suspension Options (speedracer3)

I used to have a Maxima, 96SE.. The Stillen adjustable rear sway bar helped greatly with the "lean" in the turns.. and made the car a bit more neutral. It would still understeer... just not as bad.

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Re: 2001 Maxima SE Suspension Options (JLJetta)

If it's anything like our '00 Sentra SE, the choices are very limited. Just not that much aftermarket support out there.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 2001 Maxima SE Suspension Options (TheModSquad)

Thanks for the replies. I didn't get anything from my post at freshalloy. I will try the .org one.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.