VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edits with info and recent pics

My son has my Silver 2002 1.8T Jetta GLS near UCLA and its looking for a new owner. It was his college car while he was there. It's got a clean PA title in my name. He already has another car and so this Jetta is looking for a new owner. It's got a little over 160,168 miles on it. A/C still blows cold. I know it has a CEL for an engine coolant sensor that will need to be replaced. It also has a power steering fluid leak. It runs and drives well otherwise, see the pictures. So if you are the kind of person who can wrench on your own car - I've got a great deal for you. This car is in decent shape for its age and has been reliable transportation for my son. BTW this car was originally purchased in CA back in the summer of 2001. I had replaced the clutch, cooling system, belt/tensioners, spark plugs, valve cover seal and more back in 2017 when he drove it from PA to CA. We replaced the cat/down pipe bellows back in 2019. Car is located near West Hollywood. He's got the maintenance records. If you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, its still available. Price is negotiable, but I'll start by asking $1,100. Let me know if you want to check it out in person and I'll link you up with my son who is selling it for me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edits with info and recent pics

My son has my Silver 2002 1.8T Jetta GLS near UCLA and its looking for a new owner. It was his college car while he was there. It's got a clean PA title in my name. He already has another car and so this Jetta is looking for a new owner. It's got a little over 160,168 miles on it. A/C still blows cold. I know it has a CEL for an engine coolant sensor that will need to be replaced. It also has a power steering fluid leak. It runs and drives well otherwise, see the pictures. So if you are the kind of person who can wrench on your own car - I've got a great deal for you. This car is in decent shape for its age and has been reliable transportation for my son. BTW this car was originally purchased in CA back in the summer of 2001. I had replaced the clutch, cooling system, belt/tensioners, spark plugs, valve cover seal and more back in 2017 when he drove it from PA to CA. We replaced the cat/down pipe bellows back in 2019. Car is located near West Hollywood. He's got the maintenance records. If you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch with him.
Sent you an e-mail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.