VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+

849 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Elberoth 
#1 ·
APR claims 310hp with the Stage III + Front Mount Intercooler. Am I right that this doesn't include a full exhaust?
What type of performance numbers would this produce with the Quattro? 310hp without exhaust is pretty close to the M3's hp numbers and the Audi is lighter

#5 ·
Re: 2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+ (Candy White 1.ight)

Yes, the 2002 A4's have changed that much...they now incorporate a returnless fuel system which has made it a nightmare for chip tuners...realize that APR does not offer a chip upgrade yet for 2002 A4 1.8Ts...I believe GIAC is one of the few companies that offer a chip upgrade for these cars...

#6 ·
Re: 2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+ (Bora18t)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yes, the 2002 A4's have changed that much...they now incorporate a returnless fuel system which has made it a nightmare for chip tuners...realize that APR does not offer a chip upgrade yet for 2002 A4 1.8Ts...[HR][/HR]​
I believe it is BS. Most European tuners were offering chips from day one. The programing way hasn't changed itself. Either you have a checksum for the new chip or you haven't and you buy it from someone who has hacked the code. Now there must be more than 20 different tuning companies that offer chips for 2002 Audi A4 in Europe.

#7 ·
Re: 2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+ (Elberoth)

I didn't say GIAC was the only chip tuner, I said just one of them..but according to APR, you would need to upgrade some of the fueling system itself before upgrading the chip....obviously you are right, you need someone who has hacked the code..obviously GIAC is one of those who has..

#8 ·
Re: 2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+ (Bora18t)

I believe Neuspeed was the first to have a chip for the 2002s, followed by GIAC...So far, they are the only 2 chip tuners I know who have chips for the 2002 A4s. Ciao

#9 ·
Re: 2002 A4 1.8t Stage III+ (chrisddo)

quote:[HR][/HR]I believe Neuspeed was the first to have a chip for the 2002s, followed by GIAC...So far, they are the only 2 chip tuners I know who have chips for the 2002 A4s. Ciao[HR][/HR]​
I am pretty shure that MTM, Wett and Upsolute already have 02 files.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.