VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and can't find answer... can anyone tell me if the fuel pressure regulator on the axk 24v engine is easily accessed and removed / replaced. It appears tucked behind intake. Is there enough clearance to get it out without removing intake?

Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Very little clearance there (beneath that flab/fin)-- I think you might be able to get the retaining clip out, but it might be a devil of a time getting it out and another back in. I would say the manifold has to be loosened on the front, but could pivot at the back attachment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Searched and can't find answer... can anyone tell me if the fuel pressure regulator on the axk 24v engine is easily accessed and removed / replaced. It appears tucked behind intake. Is there enough clearance to get it out without removing intake?

Thanks
Were you able to access the regulator without too much hassle? Looking at replacing mine and wonder how much time I should set aside.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for delay, just spotted this; I never ended up swapping out my fuel pressure regulator so can't tell you and would still be interested to hear from someone else how easy/difficult it is. My axk engine was randomly stalling out - mainly at idle - and wouldn't start for 5-15 minutes. Turned out to be crankshaft pos sensor. No error codes thrown. Cheap and easy/quick replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.