VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2002 EV GLS fuel pressure regulator removal AXK engine

871 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vwkingmn 
#1 ·
Searched and can't find answer... can anyone tell me if the fuel pressure regulator on the axk 24v engine is easily accessed and removed / replaced. It appears tucked behind intake. Is there enough clearance to get it out without removing intake?

Thanks

#2 ·
Very little clearance there (beneath that flab/fin)-- I think you might be able to get the retaining clip out, but it might be a devil of a time getting it out and another back in. I would say the manifold has to be loosened on the front, but could pivot at the back attachment.

#4 ·
Sorry for delay, just spotted this; I never ended up swapping out my fuel pressure regulator so can't tell you and would still be interested to hear from someone else how easy/difficult it is. My axk engine was randomly stalling out - mainly at idle - and wouldn't start for 5-15 minutes. Turned out to be crankshaft pos sensor. No error codes thrown. Cheap and easy/quick replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.