VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning behind the front grills of my 2002 EV MV, I found these things loose and hanging in the wind! Any idea what they are for and where they go. They were sitting in the “dead cat space” behind the driver side headlamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured out that the two black plastic pieces are from a broken hose/wiring retaining bracket. Anyone know if these can be had? Still wondering if the loose plug needs to be plugged into something.

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
Do you have Climatronic automatic climate control (MV non-Weekender (no pop top) would have this) or no Climatronic (MV Weekender (with pop top) would have manual climate controls)?

If you do not have Climatronic (so you have manual controls) I suspect that wire would continue to the outside temperature sensor that would be mounted just inside the front bumper cover that feeds the Climatronic display/info about the outside temperature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool. I have a EV MV weekender. That helps. I will see if I can find that sensor.

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
If you have the weekender w/the pop top, I believe it's correct that from the factory you will not have the sensor. I am guessing what you are looking at is part of a pre-wired harness for all T4s and since you don't have the sensor because you don't have Climatronic, the harness terminates deliberately in a dummy plug. So there's nothing really to look for as you aren't supposed to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts