VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, ahh god, where to begin, okie well ill start when i first bought my brand new 02 GTI 1.8T, fully loaded with all the goodies!!! So right after i swung by my cuzins house to show him the car, he loves the GTI's he really wanted one so bad!!! so i decide dto show off my NEW TOY!!! hehe oww man, his face when he walked out the door, he was sooo pissed off, hes like YOU bitch bla bla bla bla.( he drives a 94 Ford Thunderbird!!!! haha v6 only!!!)
Well time has passed, and he just cant keep talking poop bout the car, oww your cars not as fast as you think it is, this and that!!! haha so since his dad is a tops sales man at a Ford Delearship, hes decided to go with another FORD!!! i told him get the Jetta 1.8T its great!!! but no, he wants a mustang!!!
Well anywho, he cant stop saying how a GT mustang is so fast!! that is comes with 260hp and like 301lbs of Tq, hehe he thinks that its pretty fast for stock! He plains on gettin a manul, witch he has never dirven, well once or twice and totaly sucks at it!
Okie so anyways, hes like when i get my mustagn im ganan smoke your car so bad its not even funny, hes like bla bla 260hp, bla bla 301 tq, bla bla bla!!!
So after awyle i couldnt take it anymore so i sat him down and explained alot to him!!!
For one i told him to the wheels that car isnt 260 and 301, its more like 221 and 250ish tq if im right on the 15% loss of drivetrain.
Second i told him its around 3700lbs
Third i told him its a ford!
Fourth i told him how im ganan be upgradeing to stage III kit next summer so even if he does smoke my ass now he wont hold that title for long!
After i explained these things to him, he kinda just looked and felt really stupid, considerig i raced my gfs 2002 GT mustang Convertable, auto, and well it didnt seem fast, and iv driven it and it dosnt seem fast at all, even tho she has no cats with flowmaster mufflers!
So now hes looking into the Jetta!!! But get this! his dad said buy the Focus SVT and youll beat all your freinds car!!!!! hahaha god, i couldnt resist the laughter, so i explaned that ot him as well!
So now hes looking gettin ether a used Cobra or a new Jetta
The real question i wanan ask is, if he did get that GT mustang, hehe what would be the outcome, me in the front and him just seeig my tail lights or the other way around!!!
Well anywho, sorry for the NOVAL!!! hehe it was just too funny, i had to share how bad people get jelouse!, oww yea did i mention how he said i couldnt affoard a GTI( or let alone my parents afford a GTI) ahhh hehehe feels good to be driving one of theese!!!
hehe sorry agian for the long post, just otught it was funny!
CHEEEEEEEERS

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: 2002 GT mustang Compared to 02 GTI 1.8T!!!READ!! (DimcheMKV)

its totally fair to compare a 1.8t with a 4000$ turbo kit
as compared to a stock mustang....
ill remember that next time an m3 asks me why me bmw is fast.
"hey its fair, even though ive spent a ridiculuos amount of money in mods"
and btw i wouldnt be surprised if that svt does beat you

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Re: 2002 GT mustang Compared to 02 GTI 1.8T!!!READ!! (tyrolkid)

Man stop giving this kid poop. He is just having fun. I get that alot too from my friends that after they buy this car they will smoke me, after they do this they will smoke me. Telling me I bought a girly car, blah blah. Friend that is buying a SVT Focus saying he is going to pull 4 cars on me, blah blah. I had to laugh my ass off at that one. I used to own a car with the Zetec engine in it. I dont care what they do to it, its not going to make good power and be reliable at all.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: 2002 GT mustang Compared to 02 GTI 1.8T!!!READ!! (Barcad)

i guarantee you a stock gt will pull on a stock 1.8t
i gaurantee you a gt has more tuning potential than a 1.8t
i guarantee you that some of those svt's are faster than you think.
i guarantee you that ford makes trucks that are faster than most of our cars
i guarantee you i am gonna get told to relax and stop taking andro in about 5minutes.
i guarantee you that ll these boy racers threads are getting annoying!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Re: 2002 GT mustang Compared to 02 GTI 1.8T!!!READ!! (AxeAngel)

i guarantee you a stock gt will pull on a stock 1.8t
i gaurantee you a gt has more tuning potential than a 1.8t
i guarantee you that some of those svt's are faster than you think.
i guarantee you that ford makes trucks that are faster than most of our cars
QUOTE]
DITTO!!!

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Well anywho, he cant stop saying how a GT mustang is so fast!! that is comes with 260hp and like 301lbs of Tq, hehe he thinks that its pretty fast for stock! He plains on gettin a manul, witch he has never dirven, well once or twice and totaly sucks at it! [HR][/HR]​
what are stock s4 hp and torq numbers? that everyone think are sooooo fast.

·
Registered
917 Posts

stock gt mustangs do the 1/4 mile in 14 flat. if he sucks at driving you will beat him. but you have to be good seeing that your not chipped

[Modified by ericjimenez, 1:18 AM 4-9-2002]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.