VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Hey!
In case you remember, I totaled my ride. bah. In any case, I want to give a dealer a shout within the next few days, and see about some stuff I found online. Namely a black GLX and a silver GLI. 27777 and 24400 respectively. I want to buy now so I can get a good deal on an 'old' car. You know, last year's model and whatnot.
So, I'm thinking invoice minus about 1500? Is this about right? I'm gonna wheel um and deal um, and hopefully get a phat new car. I'd like a black GLI, but I might settle for a silver - but at that price I don't think it has leather, which I want, so I'll probably get the GLX.
So anyway, I'm thinking about 24500 for the GLX... whaddya think?
werd,
Tim

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: 2002 jetta prices - when 2003s are almost out (1.8Timotio)

Well my 2002 GLS 1.8T 5-speed with everthing except 17s was stickered for 24,850(Colorado has realy high prices on cars) and I picked it up Saturday for 20,800. I dove away a happy man with only 20 miles on the car.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts

There is $1250 dealer cash available on all VW's except the 337. You should be able to get the GLX close to invoice, minus the dealer cash. The GLI will probably be good for $500 over invoice, minus the dealer cash. Keep in mind that if you take the dealer cash, you can't take advantage of the special finance rates.

·
Registered
107 Posts

You get the best deals when a dealer has a lot of cars on the lot. You might actually get a better deal when theres a ton of 2003's sitting there waiting to be sold.
Also the car you want needs to be on that lot. You dont get as good a deal if they have to go locate your car .
Right now there is a low supply of 1.8ts so they may not want to make a huge deal. anyway heres an example of what I have dealt with.
GLS 1.8t all options minus the 17inch wheels was stickered at 23700. Dealer went as low as 22400 before I walked away. He had to go get the car and really didnt seem to want to deal much. I knew going in I would pay 21000 or id walk out the door which is what I ended up doing, walking away.

·
Registered
90 Posts

You might want to wait another month...I bought my 2002 last Sept. and the dealer was offering me two 2001 GLS 1.8ts for invoice of the car, with the options essentially being free (Cold Weather Sun Roof and 15" alloy wheels) I bought the 2002(Power & Warranty better for like 800-1000 above a 2001)...
1500 under invoice is highly unlikely unless you plan on going in Dec. to find a 2002.
Good luck,
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.