VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this TT225 quattro for over a year and a half, i bought it because it was 100% oem, no modifications, and the previous owner was an older guy that maintained it very well. The only modification i made was adding a bluetooth receiver to the OEM head unit and i changed out the factory rubber intake boot for a silicone one because it had dry rotted. The dash screen still works, which is hard to find.

Timing belt, water pump, shocks, springs, tie rods, ac compressor, sway bar end links, ball joints, catalytic converter, o2s. Most everything has been replaced in the past 30k miles Less

·
Registered
6 Posts
The FWD 1.8T with up to 180 hp seem quite ok, IF the pevious owner did the maintenance.

A timing belt (+the rolls, water pump) on the 1.8T, is a wear item that needs to be replaced regularly (5-8 years or 70k miles) and it's a pain in the ass on these cars. If you can do it yourself or cheap no problem, but it can cost a lot, if you do it at an official dealer.

The engine is solid, but it's not really fast and it's a 2 seater.

Besides the look, it's just a pretty VW Golf MK4 with less usable space and some more fancy suspension mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts