Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :.

SOLD!!! 1/21/2008
2002 VW New Beetle Turbo S For Sale
Price: $6500 obo
Key Stats -
Mileage: 93,500
Color: Reflex Silver
Engine: 1.8T (always use Mobil One oil and change at 3k miles)
Transmission: 6 speed manual
MPG: Avg 27mph with mix of 70% highway and 30% city
ESP: Traction control system
Brakes: ABS
Airbags: Front and Side Airbags
Wheels: 18” VW OEM Aristos from 2004 R32 (one extra Aristo without a tire and 16” stock spare)
Tires: 225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season Performance
Interior -
Two tone black/gray leather
Power everything
Sunroof
Radio: Stock Monsoon Syste
Engine:
APR Stage I ECU Flash Program with Throttle alignment and CEL clearing options
Forge Turbo Inlet Pipe
H&R Sport Springs with Koni Adjustable Shocks
*ECS Tuning Timing Belt/Water Pump Kit on order and will install when it arrives (1/10/2009)
* Timing Belt and Water Pump are done. Will have to wait on the Thermostat which did not really need to be replaced. Just did not have enough time. The project took 12 hours. (edit 1/19/2009)

New stuff -
Battery (less than 10K miles)
Alternator (less than 15K miles)
Cabin Filter (less than 10K miles)
Sylvania Silver Star Bulbs High/Low/Fog (less than 5K miles)
New drivers side seat belt latch.

Located in Central Florida just north of Orlando.
Contact Info: Cell - 407-923-1359, Email: [email protected]

* Note that the Neuspeed Intake has been removed. It is now stock.
Modified by gringoloco2000 at 1:38 AM 1-7-2009

Modified by gringoloco2000 at 5:01 PM 1-11-2009

Modified by gringoloco2000 at 5:02 PM 1-11-2009

Modified by gringoloco2000 at 3:32 AM 1-20-2009

Modified by gringoloco2000 at 5:02 AM 1-22-2009

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Reflex Silver For Sale (gringoloco2000)

I posted the car on Craig's list and knew that some scammer would contact me. Got to love the fake money order scam. Check it out. I am sure this guy is in Nigeria patiently waiting for my reply. I am debating playing some games with them for fun.
Goodday to you,I am very much interested in the immediate purchase of your item,Please let me know the present condition and moreso i will like to be making payment right away and i will like you to remove the ad from listing and get back to me with your contact name,address and phone number.I will be handling the pick up using my shipping company and i will be making payment in a money order.so email me back so we can proceed and also will like to let you know that i will be including an extra amount in the money order i am sending for you to get it cash,deduct your sales price and Wire transfer the rest to the shipper in order for them to come for the pick up,Let me know you fully understand and agree to this and email me with your contact details to prepare payment to you..
With Regards..
Jonathan..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Re: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Reflex Silver For Sale (gringoloco2000)

Gotta hate the spammers. But nice car! Some
bumpage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: (youngm7)

i had posted my moms 70 olds 98 on several sites for sale , and got about 6 of the same kind of stuff , iblew them off at first , i finally played with the last guy ,, told him to send the check and id call him etc ,, neverheard from him again ,, hope he's ok ,, !!! hope nothing happend to him ,,im still holding the car for him
lol

jerry o

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: .: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :. (gringoloco2000)

Bump for Price adjustment: $6500 obo. Call or email me. Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Just a few Questions:
Was it in an accident anytime?
Any major problems at the Moment (Engine, Gearbox, Steering, ...)?
Any Paint-Failures (Dings, Rockchips, ...)?
Timing-Belt and Waterpump-Service done?
And as most of the guys know that i´m a serious Vortexer; how about shippment here to Austria?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: .: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :. (LeeNouks)

Quote, originally posted by LeeNouks »
Just a few Questions:
Was it in an accident anytime?
Any major problems at the Moment (Engine, Gearbox, Steering, ...)?
Any Paint-Failures (Dings, Rockchips, ...)?
Timing-Belt and Waterpump-Service done?
And as most of the guys know that i´m a serious Vortexer; how about shippment here to Austria?

Good questions.
- No accidents. Hit a raccoon once, and it only popped out one of the front black vents (drivers side). Replaced that and was fine.
- No issues on the car. Last work I did do it was a new alternator and battery a few months ago.
- There are some minor rock chips on the front. I touched them up with VW/Audit paint kit. There is some minor scraping under the front bumper. You can only see this if under the car.
- Timing belt and water pump have not been done and are due. It was on my list, but have not gotten to it yet.
- Ship to Europe? Not sure what is involved and how I can be assured not to get ripped off. How to you propose? There are lots of scams out there. I did ship a car to Puerto Rico once, but that is still the US.

·
Registered
299 Posts

i´m also not sure how to work it out in detail but i´m willing to let a deposit of a certain amount through paypal before you ship, then another when it arrives in europe and the rest when the car is checked and everything is like described

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: .: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :. (LeeNouks)

Sounds too complicated to me. If I was selling a Porsche and the stakes were higher, maybe it would make sense.

·
Registered
299 Posts

sad for me, but i also do understand your point; good luck with the sale anyway http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: .: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :. (Da_Mount)

Quote, originally posted by Da_Mount »
Nice Dub. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks. Hope to find it a new home soon. The supercharger or turbo kit awaits my R32.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

For those that have asked, I have ordered the ECS Timing Belt/Water Pump/Thermostat kit and will install when it arrives. That will likely be next week. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: .: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S - Silver :. (a_silent_hate)

Thanks. My camera is not that great, but they are not bad. Sometimes I think I have a VW dealership at the house since we have a Touareg too. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts