VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2003 Jetta (Iwannanewcar)

Thanks...
And may I say, if you wannanewcar, and you don't have a Jetta, may I strongly suggest you get one. I think I'm gonna get a new one myself, not that I don't love the one I have.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (Iwannanewcar)

Taken from the site you suggested, if this is all true - kinda makes you NOT wanna wait for a 2003 - what would be the reason? Seems like everything is being taken away here and there:
JETTA
No more Cool White, Blue Lagoon, Bright Green and Tornado Red
Color replacement: Alaska Green; new color: Platinum Grey
Two trims (GLS, GLX, no more base GL)
Standard cold-weather package for all Jettas
Standard sport suspension for GLX, not available for GLS
Standard side-curtain airbag protection
VR6 for GLX only, no longer for GLS
No more Monsoon stereo upgrade as stand-alone option
No more grey interiors (includes cloth, leatherette, leather)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2003 Jetta (Wavester)

Which is precisely why I'm going to try to get one before then. Try, that is. At least they'll still have Baltic Green and Silver. Now I just have to choose which one and scrape some cash together. I'm not too upset about not being able to get VR6 or sport susp. on GLS, because I wanted the 1.8T anyway, and I suppose I can live without sport suspensions. I do, however, want to know with what package they're going to include Monsoon? It best not be in with the leather package, because I wasn't planning on getting that either.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (insomniac91)

I hear ya... Hope you can get your 2002. If those changes are true, that kinda sucks. They should keep the GL, and the VR6 should be an option... The choice of engines has been a selling point for the Jetta... It just seems like VW is taking away a lot of choices...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (agarc)

quote:[HR][/HR]It just seems like VW is taking away a lot of choices...
[HR][/HR]​
It's to pay for the "privilege" of having the GTI 337 I tell ya!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (Wavester)

Dang! I'm glad I just ordered my car!!!
It's bad enough that after midyear, Climatronic is no longer standard on the GLX (I had to pay for it...). My outside color will still exist (Galactic Blue), but I love the gray leather (I've got it on my current Passat) and hate the beige and am not into black. I specifically did not want the sport package - those come with tires not ideal for climates not completely dry... as in, not most places in the US. But these cars are built in Mexico, so perhaps they forgot.
Anxiously awaiting my new purchase (I just committed on Saturday),
Hilary

·
Banned
4,290 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Aside from the GLI trim line...
Anyone know if any changes are planned to the Jetta for 2003?[HR][/HR]​
AFAIK - The GLI trim line is going away (as is the GL). Is that what you mean or are you expecting the GLI to be available in 2003?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (BostonMk4)

I find it hard to believe that there will be on GLI for 2003. The 2002 GLI isn't even available yet, and the 2002 model year is almost over. This means that they will be selling the GLI for only a few months.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (thalter)

Platinum Grey http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

platinum Grey http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
GLI http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: 2003 Jetta (UPSCWRU)

I hate the beige interior as well. That's what is in my present Jetta. Everytime I get into and out of the car, my shoes leave black marks on the seats, doors, etc. which would obviously not be visible on black. Sport package would not be practical, as low-profile tires don't do particularly well in northeast OH winters. Incidentally, I did look into getting a 2002. I wanted to trade mine in, but I would take a $1000-$1500 hit to do so, and besides, the guy never called my back. Typical...
----> AFAIK - The GLI trim line is going away (as is the GL). Is that what you mean or are you expecting the GLI to be available in 2003?
-- I was under the impression that this would become a standard trimline. Perhaps I was wrong.
Anyway, congrats on the new purchase. I hope I'll get mine soon. It'll be hard to part with the one I've got, though.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts

Yes!
-> platinum Grey http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
112 Posts

From what I've been seeing in the market, people can get a GREAT deal on Jetta's right now - as long as you don't want the new 24v engine. The lots are full of the 174hp engines with various packages. I had a 1% over invoice quote (which was rescinded once they realized I was going for the 24v and they had a list of people waiting for that one. They think they're going to get sticker on that engine for awhile), and I think I could have done slightly better. Some dealers were hoping to get rid of some at cost or less just to clear space and get rid of the obsolete models. Oh - and for current VW owners, I managed to get my remaining three lease payments (if this works out) waived in their Pull Ahead Program (new in April) and my turn-in fee waived on my lease for going with VW financing. And I got 0.9% financing for two years.
Market input I thought you should know, from a very recent buyer...
Hilary

·
Registered
326 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I hate the beige interior as well. That's what is in my present Jetta. Everytime I get into and out of the car, my shoes leave black marks on the seats, doors, etc. which would obviously not be visible on black. Sport package would not be practical, as low-profile tires don't do particularly well in northeast OH winters. Incidentally, I did look into getting a 2002. I wanted to trade mine in, but I would take a $1000-$1500 hit to do so, and besides, the guy never called my back. Typical...[HR][/HR]​
Yah, low-profiles are no good around here! What dealer didn't call you back, Fred Vincent? Those guys never call me back either; bought mine at Ellacott because of it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: 2003 Jetta (boeing727)

2003 Colors for Jetta Wagon-
For 2003 the Jetta wagons will have:
Mojave Beige Metallic (1W1W)
Indigo Blue Pearl (7D7D)
Reflex Silver Metallic (8E8E)
UniBlack (A1A1)
Candy White (B4B4)
Tornado Red (G2G2)

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
7,205 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I hate the beige interior as well. That's what is in my present Jetta. Everytime I get into and out of the car, my shoes leave black marks on the seats, doors, etc. which would obviously not be visible on black. [HR][/HR]​
Yeah, in the black interior, they're light gray marks.

There are two kinds of dirt in the universe. Dark dirt, which is attracted to light objects, and Light dirt, which is attracted to dark objects.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts