VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
G

·
Re: (DanG)

quote:[HR][/HR]My complaint about it is:
Base model available with AWD in both 5 speed stick and 4 speed auto mated to the 130hp engine. High end model is 180hp(from the Celica), not avail. with AWD, but you can get a 6 speed stick.
So, why no 180hp awd? Would fit into the Subaru market along the lines of the TS.[HR][/HR]​
Fear not. Within 12 months, Pontiac dealers will be offering a dealer-installed supercharger kit that will increase not only hp, but also torque as well. I'm not sure if Toyota dealers will also offer it, but hey--the Pontiac's better looking anyway, IMHO.
I'm suprised they dropped the Altezza's. Those were supposed to be part of the original package.

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: (maskedSONY)

quote:[HR][/HR]yes i am reading you sig rather than your post but can you tell me what you think of your 02 Camry SE?
[HR][/HR]​
Well, actually, the RSX is my car, the Cam SE V6 is my mother's. I haven't driven it a whole lot, but, I'll say this : the moment you mash the gas pedal, the Cam doesn't hesitate to lunge forward and keep going. It feels lighter than the last generation, however, I've heard otherwise. As expected, it's quiet, a little too damn quiet for my tastes. But, all in all, it's a great car. Oh yeah, I don't have the leather option, my mother dislikes leather. But the clothe seats are just fine ! On another note, I've just recently (actually a month ago) had 18" O.Z. Superleggra rims installed. Hopefully, some adjustable coil-overs will come out to market in the near future. I hope this helps, even though I kinda rambled.

· Registered
'20 Telluride, '22 Santa Fe PHEV, '07 Airstream
9,489 Posts
Re: (bgluckman)

quote:[HR][/HR]Fear not. Within 12 months, Pontiac dealers will be offering a dealer-installed supercharger kit that will increase not only hp, but also torque as well. I'm not sure if Toyota dealers will also offer it, but hey--the Pontiac's better looking anyway, IMHO.[HR][/HR]​
Agreed on the looks - I'd take the Vibe. Plus, GM's frequent incentives would make it a better deal. However, I think that it was TRD who was building the supercharger, not Pontiac (according to Autoweek)....
Tom

· Registered
1,498 Posts
Re: (mutcth)

quote:[HR][/HR]However, I think that it was TRD who was building the supercharger, not Pontiac (according to Autoweek)....[HR][/HR]​
Um yeah, considering that GM's total engineering input on the Matrix/Vibe vehicles seems to be next to nothing (not unlike the Corolla/Prizm of course), I don't think a supercharger would be a good place to start.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.