VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to this forum, i bought a 2003 Wolfsburg a couple months ago, but now i dunno where i should spend my money, i can't really touch the enigine due to the 3 years waranty, so i was wondering if someone could help me out, thanks! I gotta start somewhere...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (nEvErLeSs)

go with the apr chip and you can switch back to stock through the control stick. I have a ton of friends that have it and their dealers have yet to find out about it. Go for the direct port programing. http://www.goapr.com http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
236 Posts

Welcome nEvErLeSs, if you want to play it safe, ask your dealer what they're cool with. There are a lot of upgrades they'll allow.. but they're probably considered 'light'. Suspension, wheels, bodykit.. but nothing too extensive.
Keep us posted. And be sure to use a camera and keep track of things. What colour did you get?

·
Banned
7,751 Posts

Just for your info, a 2003 VW has a 4Year/50,000Mile Warranty, not 3Year/36,000Miles.
If your going to put money into the car, most everyone here will recommend upgrading your suspension first. It will dramatically change the driving dynamics of the car.
Next, i personally recommend upgrading the brakes. I don't see much point in making the car faster before being able to slow it down.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (Jazzy GTI)

suspension, exhaust, chip instake, rims, I would do suspension there is a dramatic difference and will be noticed right away

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (vwjettagli23)

Whole suspension or just springs? WE suppose to have a better shocks than regular JEtta. Is that true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, well, looks like alot of peps telling me to go with supension... and my car is red btw, if u wanted to know.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Re: (nEvErLeSs)

IF you arent going to touch the engine for a while, do suspension first. Welcome to the tex.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (ID64)

Quote, originally posted by ID64 »
Whole suspension or just springs? WE suppose to have a better shocks than regular JEtta. Is that true?

Yes, the shocks are stiffer and the swaybars are thicker. You could just get some eibach sport springs and leave it at that if you don't want to lower it more than 1" and are happy with making the ride a little stiffer but not race track stiff.
After that I'd get a performance exhaust (2.5" if you're keeping the stock turbo), then a chip & maybe TT brakes.
Talk to your dealer's service manager about their policy regarding mods. Some dealers won't tolerate anything, others are licensed chip installers. I wouldn't think that some new springs and maybe a performance exhaust would cause any problems, but it's always worth asking.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (jddaigle)

Quote, originally posted by jddaigle »

After that I'd get a performance exhaust (2.5" if you're keeping the stock turbo), then a chip & maybe TT brakes.

Are you reffering to OEM VW performance exhaust or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (ID64)

Quote, originally posted by ID64 »
Are you reffering to OEM VW performance exhaust or an aftermarket?

The OEM performance exhaust is overpriced. Head on over to ECS Tuning and check out what they have to offer. People have good things to say about GHL's products.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Re: 2003 Wolfsburg (jddaigle)

1. suspension
2. little stuff like K&N. Tint windows. interior mods like the W8 kit.
3. Bigger wheels
4. Chip it anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts