Year:2004
Make:Volkswagen
Model:Jetta GLI
Mileage:178000 M
Transmission:Manual
Engine:1.8T
Trim:GLI
EDIT: price drop to 4k firm.

Purchased this car about 6 months ago to use as a commuter (~55 miles a day M-F). I have done a pile of work to it and its been an awesome cars to me for the past 3k or so miles. I have a pickup I am looking to trade in soon, so to justify spending "just a little more" on that deal, I am considering moving this one along to put some extra cash in my pocket.

Cosmetics are really the only "cons" for this thing, but overall it shows quite well as a "20 footer". I get compliments on it wherever I go and often get "Hey, you want to sell that?!". It has the common rust at the bottom of both front fenders (passenger is worse), some door dings and dents, and small bubbling starting over passenger rear arch. The underside of the car is really great, no rust issues to speak about. The factory RC wheel paint is chipping and there is some curbage (I may get around to respraying these). The drivers seat upper bolster is split on the outside (this can be fixed by sewing it back together, just havent gotten around to pulling the seat apart to do so) and the fabric on the door panels & pillar trim needs to be reglued (I tried 3M 77 on the drivers pillar when adding the boost gauge and it didnt last long before sagging again). Front GLI valence was in two pieces in the trunk when i got the car. I ziptied it back together and reinstalled it. Again, its a 20 footer.

Pros:
-Eurojet 3" catback
-K&N typhoon CAI
-Motoza stage 1 tune, 93 octane
-Forge 007 with revised piston style
-New continental timing belt kit as of 175k
-New water pump same time as timing belt
-New thermostat and ECS aluminum coolant neck same time as timing belt, filled with new Hella coolant
-New NGK spark plugs
-New valve cover gasket @174k, receipt to prove it
-Appears to have a recently replaced radiator
-new OE VW fuel filter
-New Nissens AC compressor and drivers cooling fan
-New OE VW fan control module
-New AC pressure switch (as you can tell from the above, the AC works now)
-The o2m shift fork issue was fixed prior to my ownership @174k, receipt to prove it.
-New front fender liners
-New control arms/bushings, ball joints, and alignment
-New window control switch
-New mirror control switch (not installed)
-3k miles on the Westlake 225/40r18 all seasons
-Front brakes redone @174k, receipt to prove it. Rears appear older but fine.
-Pioneer double din with Carplay/AA
-Autometer boost gauge on a glowshift pillar pod
-Weathertech front floor mats along with the OE grey trimmed carpet mats.
-All the GLI bits are still there; stainless trim, black headlights, black headliner, side skirts, three spoke steering wheel, door sills, rear valence, shift knob, RC center cap tool, etc.

The car consistently gets around 30 mpg. Mileage is currently at about 178k and will grow as I continue to drive it. Mechanically this car is awesome; no check engine lights, the engine runs smooth, the clutch is perfect, the trans shifts really nice, etc. The car runs and drives great, I drive it every day without issue. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it hours away.

I paid 4k for the car 6 months ago and did a lot of work to it to get it where it is now. I think the 5000 dollar asking price is fair for the rarity of this car and the work thats been done, but open to serious offers. Car is in Haddam Neck CT 06424, but work in Westbrook if someone prefers that location to see the car.

No pics on the computer I am writing this on, but will get some up asap.
-Alex