VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured it was time for the build up thread!

Car: 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI
Engine: 1.9L Turbo-charged Direct Injected Diesel
Transmission: 5-speed (O2J)
Mods: TDTuning.com Stage 3 tune (28.5 psi), VNT-17/22 turbo, PD150 injectors, PD150 intake manifold/turbo inlet pipe, R32 airbox/3.25" MAF, Custom FMIC, 2.5" downpipe and thru exhaust, Southbend Stage III clutch with single mass flywheel (21lbs), Raceland Coilovers.

First picture, bought June 2007 in NY, 59k miles:

Back home in CT:

Added 17" Arrietta GTI wheels:

Turbo upgrade, stock on left, upgrade on right:

Upgraded clutch, Southbend Stage III. Holds 425 ft-lbs. The VR6 clutch I had in the car started to slip (held 300 ft-lbs) after 12k miles.

FMIC Time:

After the Raceland Coilover install (24"):

Latest dyno (Dynojet):

186 whp, 367 ft-lbs.

DynoDynamics Dyno (heart-break dyno plus mods between last Dynojet):

The engine bay with all the goodies:

At the track:

Next to my friends baller a$$ CC:

Skootin'

Enjoying the cruise to the Tail of the Dragon:

New shoes:

Enjoying some great FL weather:

Got bored one weekend and did the 5th brake like mod:

AND I still get 45+ mpgs!! :laugh:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice TDI, what's your 1/4 mile time?
Thanks! 14.90 @ 95.3 mph is my best so far (18s stock...) w/ 2.1 60' on bald a$$ tires. Hope to get that down with new tires.

I like what I see..:thumbup:
Thanks!

Nice TDI bro :thumbup: for a fellow Florida driver! Your car made a shiz ton of tq!

Hows tallynasty, You attend fsu/tcc? Also iv been thinking bout doing that break light mod and had some questions about it.

-Matt :beer:
Thanks! I am finishing my Ph.D. in Chemistry @ FSU, might do an MBA afterwards. The 5th brake light is super simple.

Very nice TDI :thumbup:
Thanks!

·
Registered
MK7.5 GTI, MK4 Golf, B8.5 A4
919 Posts
Nice TDI man. That is a whole lot of torque you got there and some nice horsepower too. 186WHP, that would put you around 200bhp? anyways nice ride and that ALOT of black smoke there:D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im glad I found this thread, I have been looking on tdiclub to see if you had a build thread on there. I have always liked your golf ever since seeing it on there. I cant wait to start my go fast mods on my tdi :D. You definitely have an awesome golf!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im glad I found this thread, I have been looking on tdiclub to see if you had a build thread on there. I have always liked your golf ever since seeing it on there. I cant wait to start my go fast mods on my tdi :D. You definitely have an awesome golf!
Thanks! It is a lot of fun! :beer:

Wow, how do you pass emission? :laugh: I want a TDI so bad, so much torque on so little fuel!
Luckily no emissions in FL! Its only bad like that under full throttle. The larger turbo I plan on getting will take care of that smoke...:D

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.