VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just posting this real quick. I bought the car this week and have not switched the title into my name yet (to give someone else the chance to own it with records to show it moving from one owner). The car was owned by a professor in Columbus - at OSU (Go Bucks!). His wife is a nurse and it was her car.

I'm adding the link to Craigslist ad (just posted now).

I have the carfax report to verify all the service records and he actually gave me all the service papework for the last 50K miles (car has ~ 102,000 miles on it). They paid over $9K in general maintenance and service in that time frame.....no expenses were spared.

I just buffed and polished the whole car....literally looks like the paint is dripping wet, that's how clean it is.'

Thought I'd offer it up to someone else (only with me making a profit on it obviously).

If anyone is interested, let me know....not keeping it for sale long before I title it and keep it!

Thanks,
John

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/5081379005.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue book is under 5k on it, I understand if it puts you upside down. Looks clean, Good luck.
Yeah depending on what version you use of the blue book you can come up anywhere in the $4-$5K range for private owner.
Carfax report says to add $2K to the book value because of the 1 owner and the records.....it's all a matter of how people view that. Certainly the dealerships put a big emphasis on one owner / full record cars.

I figured I'd take a shot....if not, I'll certainly enjoy it!

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.