VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've long read these forums and figured I should post my car up for sale here. The best way to contact me is to call or email through autotrader, here is the ad for my car.

It's a 2004 LSB m3 with 37,000 miles. $29,000

Some details on the car:

* Stage 1 BSW audio upgrade
* Dice integration
* Factory alarm
* SMG
* Eibach Pro Kit
* no navigation
* Black interior
* All maint done through BMW
* Had a new alternator and battery in the last year
* Not Smoked in
* No other mods

Here are a couple of pics, you can see the full series and much larger photos by following the links below. Taken in the last couple of days - all of the shots (you can check exif on flickr).

IMG_4887 by aphonic_silence, on Flickr

IMG_4894 by aphonic_silence, on Flickr

IMG_4911 by aphonic_silence, on Flickr

IMG_4912 by aphonic_silence, on Flickr

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I disagree. If you look at what's on the market, this is at probably 90th percentile, but it's clean enough to warrant it. Sure, there are some for $24-25k, but they also have 55-70k miles. I've looked around and this seems a reasonable starting point. If it doesn't sell, then I'll lower. In 2 days I've had 4 calls and 2 test drives, time will tell I guess. :)

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Your fine on your price. Don't listen to people who don't call or show up. Those are the people who matter and know. As someone who has owned many m cars, (and still do) its the quality of the car. Sure there are 22k 04s out there- with 75k, beat by 3 kid owners, have had paintwork, subframes torn out, skipped valve adjustments, diff flushes, etc. This car is cherry & is super rare to have a black interior on lsb.

That said mine is quite similar to your car and it would not leave for less than $29k(especially with the 15k worth of dinan and aftermarket mods).

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate it.. also with Aluminum trim! I've had several more enquiries.. I'm not expecting it to sell overnight either ;)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
:beer: bump to a sick car.

never listen to the trolls here on HaterTex.com, they're just jealous that their crummy lifestyle permits them from owning a such a car.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
:beer: bump to a sick car.

never listen to the trolls here on HaterTex.com, they're just jealous that their crummy lifestyle permits them from owning a such a car.
I own the same exact car, nice try though

Either way lsb is nice and good luck with the sale

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here's the thing about whether I am or am not right with the price (I believe I am).

Trade in at $25,500 - buy any vehicle at that price or more - Save $2k + in tax... That's not far off and frankly the loss of a grand amortized over even 3 years is less than a dollar a day. So either it will sell at this, or close to this price, or it will get traded in. Buying a car through USAA yields GREAT prices without negotiation (in many cases a couple grand less than inventory), and 3 dealers have offered to meet the 25,500 trade in price.. so it's all swings and roundabouts in the end.

On a side note, I was considering getting another GTI, but I think they are just so expensive for what they offer these days tbh. VW really has to rethink either power or pricing, because they are missing on both fronts compared to competitors... add to that they aren't known for remarkable reliability (sure the engine lasts) and I would be surprised if they were holding market share.

I do think the gti is the most upscale of the lot, but not by that large a margin. On the other hand, I'm 6'5" and can fit in a gti nicely.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i totaled a 95 m3 with 80k on it last year and got 13k from insurance lol i think your right the button...if someone tells you they dont want this car there lying..m's are veryyy sought after

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've decided to skip the cat and mouse. The price is reduced to 27,500. Anything less, I may as well trade it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts