VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picture below shows what I've done. First off I bought the car from a tow yard with no info on it. Did all the maintenance and stuff and couple days later I started goin to limp mode where I'll step on it , and it'll only make 5 psi. Scanned my car and had a p0420 code(cat below threshold bank 1) so I put 2 spacers on rear o2 to pass emissions and code went away, but still hitting limp. I was told if my cats clogged my upstream 02 can have bad reading and put me in limp. (Note my exhaust is stock currently). So I ordered an 3 inch turbo back exhaust hoping issue would be resolved. Then this comes to the picture below... today I opened my hood and just looked around a bit, and notes that the tube with yellow line that goes to bov was hanging on by a thread . So I replaced it thinking man I think that's my issue... well then I drove it around and it was jumping a lot more from 9 psi to 20 then it was before. I then unplugged the tube from the top of diverter valve as I've seen people do before( and take note my diverter valve isn't oem) and then the car made constant 10 psi all the way through.. I don't need to explain the rest as the photos show, but please lmk what you think. Do I need to have either of those plugged in? Car still ran better then ever. Just when one unplugged I make more power then other . But both on... car is ****..

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Have you scanned with something like VCDS/Vag-Com? Limp mode codes don't always show up on generic scanners. Is the car tuned? If its not, it shouldn't be hitting 20psi.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Just because their reader didn't pick it up doesn't mean there aren't codes. And if there wasn't a CEL they may not care anyway. I know in my state they don't.

Stock boost should be around 11psi, so spiking to 20psi is a lot unless there is a tune. There is definitely something going on. I would see if you can get access to VCDS or OBDeleven and get a good scan done on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.