VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** 04/30/16 - SOLD ***

Hello, VWTattoo here.

This is not my happiest hour, but as some of you may know, the time has come for me to part with my beloved R32. I've owned it since day 1, and it was the first one sold at my local VW Dealer, then was Vision VW, now is Reading VW.

This car has been such a huge part of my life, and due to my medical situation where I am losing my sight, it is no longer safe for me to be behind the wheel. This is not a sad time for me, as I am losing a big part of my normal life, but it also means it is time for someone else to take care of and baby my baby.

This is one of the nicest, 99% original, Tornado Red R32's left out there, which is Adult owned and cared for, recently inspected, and maintained to the maximum. There are a few small faults in the exterior, but after 12 years this is to be expected.

In the last service visit on March 29th, it was treated to a Haldex Service, LubroMoly Oil Change, 2 new O2 sensors, cabin filter, and inspection. In the near future, a new owner would think about new brakes, since I am on the Original brakes 100% up front, and new pads in the rear on the Original rotors. They are fine, but I have only put on about 5,000 miles in about 4 years, so the rotors have surface marks.

Here's a link to my shared photo album. It seems like the pics aren't working like they should.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9JCnlP9jcE0TVduQW1CaHJJeHM&usp=sharing

I've only ever used 1 key, so the second key is Like New. I had the R32 Poster professionally framed.

This is the "massive" list of modifications:

BMC CDA carbon fiber air filter (Stock airbox and plumbing saved, will come with the car.)
Koni FSD struts (replaced failed Monroe OEM units at 29,000 miles)
Flapper mod since week two.
Jaycaps on strut tops and seat adjustment knobs.
Monster mats- original mats are like new/ unused.
Black Euro E codes with Lamin-X (originals in box)
European headlight switch

Extras:
18” OZ Crono HT wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DW tires
17” OZ Superleggera wheels with Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires

18" OEM Wheels stored in shed, no tires.

Comments:
No rips on interior seats, no clearcoat issues on paint, a common flaw on TR Cars of this era.

There are, in full disclosure, a few faults, because this is a car that was driven, and some things show it
-A small dimple on middle of hood (garage danger)
-A small crease above back passenger side window (more garage fun)
-Drivers door rub strip end scuffed from garage wall (more garage danger)
- Front bumper paint chipped from stones.

Some photos- The driver foot well interior needs a good vacuum, and the driver's monster mat needs a scrubbin. I got tired and my eyes hurt, had to stop.

There is a video at the end- forgive the sound/ picture quality, but it may help you get a better feel for what she is.

Here's a video I made, though the car was in the garage, but it shows it a bit clearer than a still photo can.

Please feel free to post questions, hit me up via PM, or email - R32Rocco (at) gmail dot com.

-Scott

·
Registered
780 Posts
This is actually one of the saddest FS posts I've seen. Sorry to hear about your failing health. Sending you well wishes and blessings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is actually one of the saddest FS posts I've seen. Sorry to hear about your failing health. Sending you well wishes and blessings.
Thanks for your support: its life, sometimes you gotta roll with things that are out of your control, and be glad for what you have.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That's a great outlook to have. GLWS! Looks like someone is in for a treat when they take this off your hands.
I'm saving up for my unicorn and it'll be blue.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
R32

Hello , Sorry to hear about medical issues. My name is Angelo and am a proud ower of a Blue 04 R. My Youngest daughter is looking to own an R32 also. Please call or Email ASAP cause we are VERY interested. Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon. I live in West Lawn. 610-781-9169

·
Registered
14' GLI, 17' Tiguan Sport, 08' R32(sold)
1,196 Posts
Man, this thing is beautiful. I hope it goes to someone that will keep it this nice and clean.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Scott,

I think your car is well worth the price. I keep trying to tell my wife to get into a Mk4 R32 since she misses her Mk4 GTi 24v and wants to get out of her MK2 TT Audi TT 3.2 6-speed.

Don't stress over whatever life hands you- just think of it as your next chapter- we all write different books, but what we do with what we have is up to us. I see guys with legs blown off running marathons on aluminum planks, or playing basketball in wheelchairs- where most would sit at home and woe is me. Your future is still controlled by you..:thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks, man- that's the outlook I aim for every day. For now I can still see, thankfully- as you say, there are always others with way worse issues than ourselves.

We shall see how this chapter goes!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.