·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delete

·
Registered
336 Posts
To start off I bought this car as a bigger and better replacement of an Imola 20th I regretfully sold a few years back. Turns out I had rose colored glasses on about past vehicles as this does not tickle my fancy like I thought it would. On the block it goes.

I am more than willing to help with shipping if need be, as long as documentation and payment is all in order before the transport shows up

Price: 19,500$

Details:
-127k miles
-Alpine White (engine bay was not sprayed as shown, original silver car)
-Shaved front bumper
-Shaved side markers
-Cupra R front lip
-Shaved hatch (emblem, handle, wiper)
-Shorty antenna
-Cloth insert Konig heated seats
-P3 vent gauge
-Pioneer double din touchscreen with bluetooth
-C2 stage 2 turbo kit (installed ~3k miles ago)
-Timing chain done at time of turbo kit install
-Ball joints just done
-Fresh alignment just done
-Brakes all around just done (drilled and slotted rotors)
-New plugs and coils just done
-Megan Racing rear upper arms
-Airlift slam series bags all around
-Bilstein rear shocks
-V2 management (tank is paint matched Alpine White)
-Depo headlights
-R8 oil and coolant caps
-OZ Racing Superturismo LM wheels 19x8.5 ET44 (400 miles on this setup)
-Michelin Pilot supersport XL tires 235/35ZR19 (400 miles on them)
-Straightpiped back to magnaflow muffler
-New cabin filter
-New OEM rain tray
-New rear sway bar end links
-New hood release pull and surround
-Cloth OEM R32 floor mats in great shape
**Pictures show the drivers rear belt missing, this has been replaced and is in the car. The original belt retractor stopped working and was the reason for its replacement.

Extras:
-Yarrowsport rear tie bar painted Alpine White
-Original radio unit
-Original vent assembly that was pulled out for the P3 gauge
-Comes with 2 grilles. One OEM white, and one OEM black. Both grilles have all tabs and clips intact.
-Brand new set of OZ center caps that can be used in place of the centerlock look caps
-Black rear R32 badge new in the package still
-Broadway 500s coilovers
-Stock rear cargo area organizer with tow hook, jack, etc.
-MK7 key conversion kit from Litke (trying to find time just to do this hasn't been feasible yet)

Needs:
-I have a stock silver hood for the car that would need to be resprayed alpine white if you decide to run a hood
-The cabin filter cover on the car has a cracked corner
-One wheel has rub marks from reliable transport backing it along a painted 4x4 while unloading the car on delivery (quoted 125$ locally to paint match these small areas)
-I do not have a rear cargo carpet for the car

20210313_121601 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121725 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121707 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121630 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121653 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121647 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210313_121637 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210227_220134 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_150010 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_150016 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_145903 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_145828 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_150042 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_155347 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_155337 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_155311 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_155358 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_145846 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_145943 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr

20210320_145816 by Anthony Matysik, on Flickr
Matysik,

Wow! VERY nice R32! Love the white/black theme! Mileage is great too. Best with the sale! Buddy of mine got a blue R32 for $3500.00 in NYC with 160K on it. MK4 and back are my favorite VWs!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wasn’t this for sale for like 13k? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was going to say. I guess it going from Connecticut to Wisconsin increases the price by $6.5K

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. I guess it going from Connecticut to Wisconsin increases the price by $6.5K

Doesn’t appear to be the same vehicle to me.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Doesn’t appear to be the same vehicle to me.
I’d have to disagree. How many white r32’s with a silver engine bay with exact same turbo setup and matching white air tank are there? cage removed, rear seats installed. Mark on lower drivers side dash panel under p3 gauge are exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,513 Posts
Same car. Engine bay looks much better now.

This is what it used to be:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same car. Engine bay looks much better now.

This is what it used to be:

yep, was T.Rutmans car in Jersey a few years ago

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wasn’t this for sale for like 13k? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With quite a few issues that have been taken care and a car that was completely not as described by that seller including the b.s. about the paint job price, etc.

As I've now told countless others that were "interested" last time it was for sale for well over a year, they had plenty of time to snag it for a different price and deal with the quality headaches so I didn't have to.

Thanks for the free opinions, always appreciated as usual.

Always amazed at how hard it is for people to see something they don't like and continue to move on. Most do it in person, the internet shouldn't provide a security blanket to change that.

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,513 Posts
That sucks about the issues. I guess it’s almost expected anymore. It’s sad we live in a time where so many people are so dishonest. Especially enthusiast to enthusiast.

Luckily the seller of my car literally laid everything out in great detail.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sucks about the issues. I guess it’s almost expected anymore. It’s sad we live in a time where so many people are so dishonest. Especially enthusiast to enthusiast.

Luckily the seller of my car literally laid everything out in great detail.
I whole heartedly agree with this. My favorite part of the whole deal was just how many times he referred to himself as an avid enthusiast and how OCD he was about every detail on his vehicles because he is 40. Should've been my red flag, but it is what it is now.

I have gone through and cleaned up quite a bit of the "slop" in this car and will continue to do so until sold as I have time. Unfortunately, as I stated above I just don't enjoy the car itself aside from any issues I've already gone through and fixed. Just a personal pleasure aspect of the car that for me is missing. The family as a whole is having much more fun going out on cruises and such in other toys I already have and have picked up since acquiring this. No need for it to stay here when someone who would truly spend time and enjoyment on it can have it. (y)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was local to the seller and hit him up here in ct. Something didn't smell right so I bailed. Curious what issues the car had.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was local to the seller and hit him up here in ct. Something didn't smell right so I bailed. Curious what issues the car had.
The main problem is that he was just not at all what he claimed he was. To constantly claim to be such an enthusiast and so detail oriented because he was 40 years old was just flat out annoying and as I unfortunately found out completely untrue.

I have spent quite a bit of time purely on just cleaning the car up from the random small spots of overspray to just regular cleaning I feel any car owner is responsible for. I stupidly waited until after I purchased the car to really dig into his profile and once I started to find his started threads is when I realized just how mechanically incompetent he really was. Which is fine, and you can be an enthusiast who has a solid shop to carry out your work, but don't claim otherwise if it's not true.

On an update note:
-I did pick up a set of aristos that are being refinished right now for the car to help with another pricing option if needed.
-Replaced all silicone couplers and fittings on the car as well as upgraded clamps to stainless steel t-bolt style
-Spare hood I had is now sold off to a local as I never run a hood on the car anyways.
-Grille is going in for paint match this week as its OEM white right now, not alpine
-Broadway coilovers are posted for sale. If I still have the car and coils in May I will be pulling the airlift and installing the coils.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheels look great. What did you tell the powdercoater? Were they scratched/curbed at all?
What? That I wanted them refinished to original spec. They were typical used up daily stock wheels.

Also what color did you use?
Same silver as stock, most oem wheels are one of five shades of silver.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still sitting waiting for a new owner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts