VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I'm trying to negotiate with the dealer. He's telling me the 1.9% financing is only for 48 months that it's 2.9% for 60 months.
Is this right or are they trying to stick it to me?
We almost have the price set but the financing is a sticking point.
Thanks

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2005 GLI owners who financed through VW... (PassatDoTd)

You can ignore this thread. I told the dealer to f-ck it for now. I'm not about to pay and finance the way they want now when I see what he 04's are going for. I'll wait till the 05's go on sale for the same.

· Registered
1,333 Posts

FYI, my dealer offered me the same deal on my '05 that they were offering on the '04's. 1.9% for 60 months. I lease so took a different route.
Try a different dealer...it's all about how you work 'em. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant go with the 04 because I need an auto trans.
I did go the different dealer route. Contacted 3 others in the state, all 3 hours away. One seemed especially interested in getting my business so we shall see what they say.

· Registered
3,430 Posts

My dealer tried to tell me that 1.9% was going to end soon so I rushed down there and got it, only to find out later that financing had really been 0% for a couple weeks! p.s. I got mine in august, just thought I'd let you know to not take any crap from the dealer.

· Registered
267 Posts
I just bought mine this past Saturday.... I got a 2.9 rate. I was told that the 04's are the 1.9 percent only. My son took the 04 GTI and payed the five bucks more a month that the higher interest rate came too for three years. Love the car! Had only 60 miles on it and already had to get snow tires and wheels. We have our first snowing coming this week. Bummer........

· Registered
51 Posts
my gti was totaled in august and i'm jut now getting the checks back from vw and the insurance company, i'm looking inot buying a gli,but i want to know what the interest rate is going at,and how much is the average being put as down payment.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Re: (IwannaGTI79)

I got my 04 Jetta GLS 1.8T completely loaded with tires/wheels off of a VR6/GTi upgrade for free. I got it for 200 under invoice per Edmunds.com. I got $1000 loyalty from VW credit. They gave me 60mo @ 0% with $0 down.
You do have to know how to work them and when to work them. It took about a couple of weeks of work/looking/getting dealers to compete to get this deal. It was all done over the Internet and via phone on the car I bought. I bought it sight unseen. And took delivery the same afternoon/evening I began dealing with this dealer.
One bad note. I priced the same set of tires at Sears the other day while I had them rotated. The price was around $1000 installed and they had to order them.

Slickfisher

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Re: (slickfisher)

Quote, originally posted by slickfisher »
You do have to know how to work them and when to work them.

There is NO working them if you will. The facts are:
1) for left over '04 models VW is currently offering EITHER $2500 factory to dealer cash off OR 0.0% financing...but not BOTH. In addition to EITHER of those you MAY qualify for the $1000 loaylaty discount if you have the title to another VW in YOUR name.
2) for new '05 models there is no factory to dealer cash off. The lowest interest rate you can possibly qualify for is 1.65% for 66 months with A+++ credit. The loyalty discount is only $500 instead of $1000.
Those are the facts.

As for what you pay above or below invoice...I guess it COULD be argued that is where the bargaining comes in.
But let's face it, even a difference of $500-$600 financed over the course of 5 years is only going to amount to a few bucks a month at MOST.
Edit: By the way, I financed through VW credit at 1.65% for 66 months with 0% down and no money out of pocket whatsoever at like $393 per month and that was $200 below invoice on a brand new '05.

Modified by Dextrose at 6:37 PM 11-23-2004

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Re: (IwannaGTI79)

You have to buy the car from them. Not let them sell you a car. Take control of the situation. Let them know your not VW/sales ignorant. Let them know you've been shopping around. Get right to the point. Let them know what your willing to pay or a little less- but make it close; don't get into the seesaw stuff.
Lets face it. Some dealers don't need to sell VW's at invoice. Others do. Go to the VW website and check out the dealers with big inventories. Wait till the last of the month. Check out info on http://www.edmunds.com/. It's getting kind of late but there are still deals to be had.
Good luck.
Slickfisher

· Registered
2,588 Posts
Re: (slickfisher)

I've been shopping around. I got 1 place to lease for $299 with nothing down, i then called the other dealership i've been dealing with since last week and let him know what's going on and what this place wants to do. So now he's figuring out what he can do for me.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Re: (Dextrose)

Sorry, didn't mean to make you mad.
Just sharing my experience. Sometimes around the end of the month sales managers will become more receptive to breaking even or even losing a little to meet sales quotas.
That's one of the whens.
I was with VW from the early 80s to 97- which means I was a VW employee when you were in grade school honey. I'M YOUR DADDY.
And BTW, some of us are not fortunate enough to retire at age 28 so every little dollar counts when your raising a family.
Slickfisher

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.