VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally moved up in the world and found a S4 for a price I simply couldn't refuse, and a manual too. The symphony 2 systems sounds nice However it lacks one critical feature in my mind and that is an aux port. Currently I'm using a bluetooth to cassette adapter that I found in the glovebox but that is a pain and the sound leaves something to be desired. What id like to know is if there was a later factory radio (out of a b7 or similar) that came with an aux port. I don't care about Bluetooth connectivity so I'm trying to keep it stock looking and the only aftermarket radio I would consider putting in there has been discontinued so id like to keep it in the family. I know there was a couple of nav units, did those come with aux ports? also if I buy an ebay radio or pull one from a junkyard can vcds be used to unlock the radio if I don't have the code?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Used one of Dension adapters with my B7's RNS-e headunit as in stock it had BT only for making calls.
Worked great, excellent sound quality (couldn't tell it apart from built in sd card sound quality of RNS-e), never gave me any problems, pricey if compared to noname bt adapters but in my mind it justified itself - no connection problems or static.
However I didn't try how well aux and usb functions work - I only ever used Spotify over BT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll be using the Bluetooth functionality quite frequently if it’s there. Just wasn’t worried about having it in a factory radio replacement. Glad to hear you liked yours, seems the reviews online are all pretty positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts