VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a new grille, redesigned bumpers, new seat materials and redesigned controls... oh, and the hp rating is lowered again to from 180hp (my2003) to 173hp (my2004) to 170hp (my2005).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: 2005 Toyota Matrix (1.8T Monsoon)

Is that the XRS? It looks better than the current catfish front bumper on the XRS. The current taillights are better though...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: 2005 Toyota Matrix (SpeedyNSLR)

wow... they made it worse. that's surprising.
the Pontiac version is still better looking than it's Toyota cousin... how weird is that to be saying... i mean... Pontiac?!

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
23,757 Posts
Re: 2005 Toyota Matrix (010111)

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Re: (Enny Mini)

Wow, they managed to make it even less appealing than before. And just when the "factory rice" styling was starting to grow on me (sort of) too. They made it 100% boring http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Re: (ASurroca)

I was toying with the idea of getting one of these, but after seeing that thing, I am RUNNING away.
Awful.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: (ASurroca)

Quote, originally posted by ASurroca »
Wow, they managed to make it even less appealing than before. And just when the "factory rice" styling was starting to grow on me (sort of) too. They made it 100% boring http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Its been said over and over, toyota has every right to put lights like that on there since they started the (TOYOTA) altezza craze with the european is300. but, i still would refuse to drive it unless they gave it to me for free.

·
Registered
F39 X2 M35i, e-Tron, Toyota appliance
16,728 Posts
Re: 2005 Toyota Matrix (1.8T Monsoon)

What's changed? Aside from the new tailights.
2002 BMW 325iT
2002 SAAB 9-5 Linear

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like the Matrix, the XRS in particular, I think it’s pretty good looking from the front and it’s not too hard to make it look even nicer. The back end has grown on my quite a bit and I love the cockpit. The side profile looks too but good not in all the colours available.
The thing that I have a problem with is this horse power issue that I’ve been hearing about. Toyota claimed that its XRS was 180 hp and 130 lb-ft of torque but it turns out that it’s actually 173 hp with and 127 lb-ft of torque. Now when I went looking for proof of this I found that Toyota America web site has adjusted their specs but Toyota Canada has only adjusted the torque, hp is still at 180. What is going on?
This looks really bad for Toyota. When I read about this same issue about Hyundai it was humiliating and I still hear jokes about this. Anyone have any insight on this?
Here's something

Modified by Honda's #1 at 11:18 PM 2-18-2004

1 - 20 of 36 Posts