VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the mood for a project? Well here's a deal for you. Why so cheap? Because A) Huge mistake in judgement and B) I don't have time to repair it myself. C) Because I want it gone soon.

First, there were NO, I repeat, NO issues with the vehicle before the engine stopped. No CEL/MIL were present. It's been reliable for my entire decade of ownership. Many mountain drives, autocrosses, long distance road trips, and my daily for work. What happened? I pulled into work as normal. When I parked, I noticed small wisps of white smoke coming from the right front of the hood. It was dark but I saw coolant leaking near the front right tire. I'd assumed it was from the expansion bottle near where the smoke was emanating. I worked a full shift and came out to see that all of the coolant had leaked from the bottle. I don't live far from work so I filled it with water and proceeded home. Ran fine until I made it 0.4 miles from home and the engine shut off. Upon thorough inspection, I found that instead of the expansion tank leaking, the water pump had seized. The timing belt was turning on a stuck pulley and wore most of the teeth off. Bottom line is I did something stupid and should have had the car towed home.:banghead: 99% sure the timing was jumped and I don't have time to do the repair. Should be relatively easy for those with skill in valve/head work.

Vehicle info:
2006 Audi A3 8P DSG
APR Stage 2+ (Including Bluetooth dongle and password. No need to. Save that fee money)
APR Fuel Pump (Including OEM fuel pump)
APR Downpipe
BSH intake
APR Runner Flap Delete and tune.
18" Rotor Replica wheels
KONI FSD struts on B&G Sport Springs (Low but not slammed. Only spring/strut combo I've found that doesn't give A3s that "reverse rake". People always asked what "coilover setup I was running". Really comfortable and not harsh at all, but sporty for bombing twisties)
Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar

Former CPO vehicle. All maintenance done by Jack Ingram Audi, APR, and myself.
Only Carfax/AutoCheck issue that may show is when a senior citizen backed across 2 wide lanes in a LOWES parking lot and damaged the right front fender. Repaired at local collision center.
*photos do not show how car rests normally on its suspension. Parked on a slope, wheel chocked, hand braked*
Usual driver seat left-side bolster wear and black coating on HVAC/radio controls started to peel in year 1.

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469145603/in/dateposted-public
www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469632936/in/dateposted-public
www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469138178/in/dateposted-public
www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469138608/in/dateposted-public
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469856012/in/dateposted-public
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49469139308/in/dateposted-public

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes. Was planning to repair it next month if it hasn't sold, which would either raise the price considerably or make me want to keep it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts