VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
new to the forum, I have a 2006 jetta gli with hid's. after removing the keys, the right front headlight stays on. I have a bentley manual and the wiring shows that it only goes through the CECM. disconnected the light switch and as displayed in the diagram nothing changed. As for now I think I'm headed towards replacing the CECM. any one else have any thoughts or similar issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Fwiw the Wd is not for HID but for Halogen headlights, but the pin for power at the headlight connector is the same pin6 but at the HID T12 plug and at J519 Cecm plug A pin 2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fwiw the Wd is not for HID but for Halogen headlights, but the pin for power at the headlight connector is the same pin6 but at the HID T12 plug and at J519 Cecm plug A pin 2.
GTI,
Thx for the bump, after looking at the correct WD I thought of some other questions if you don't mind.
is the Right High-intensity Gas Discharge Lamp Control Module the same as the ignitor for the bulb? Or are they separate pieces?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the help,
I'll have more checking to do tomorrow. I bought this car for 1200 and had to put a turbo in, post turbo it runs pretty well, and it's fun. Thx again!!

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
You can check for power on that pin 6 of that T12 plug with the key out you should not see voltage on the pin you can compare it with the other sides pin 6 if you like.

Fwiw when you pull the headlight switch and turn car on all exterior will come one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally had a chance to check and I do have voltage on pin 6 with key out, but no voltage on the drivers side. looks like i gotta find a new/used CECM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts