VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my crankshaft position sensor, starter and battery. Checked fuses and starter motor fuse was blown. I then replaced with the 40a fuse as needed and still nothing. I was never stranded with this car but man I’m stressing out. Any leads would help tremendously need this car back on the road!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. Car started randomly, but now there is a loud ticking almost sounds like chain tensioner gave up. Put a flathead on the chain tensioner location. So it seems to be the chain could’ve jumped timing 😪😪😪😪

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I did some quick research on your behalf.
Rockauto.com shows the 2006 having a timing Belt, nt a chain.

Do you have the Bentley Manual for your car?
IF Not, you seriously need one.

shop used to save dough.

To check to see if the timing blet has slipped ou would follow the procedure for changin the blet up to the point where you have everything lined up. Except something would not line up. That would be your clue. Then you would need to release the tensioner, remove the belt and get eery body lined up.

BTW, this would be a great time to replace the belt and tensioner if you are so inclined.

I would verify or correct timing before I did any futher work on this problem.

Good luck and report back

fat biker

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Have you put a good scan tool on this car and see what dtc you might have? What is the battery charge state while at rest? What is the voltage at the starter while crank? Connections for power & ground all good? So you removed the housing for the drive chain( not timing chain- FSI has timing belt) and will be replacing the CF correct make sure the three rings are still intact and did not break after you removed the cover and possibly add another issue for yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.