VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long shot, but I thought I would ask. My daughters 2007 Jetta has a headlight issue. The passenger headlight ( low, high, blinker) has stopped working. The low beam was noticed and I replaced the bulb with no luck. The lenses were getting foggy even after buffing them out and sealing, so I decided to get new headlights all together. I was hoping it was the wiring in the light as I could see many cracks in the wire insulation. Replaced them and nothing still works.

I should have started with an electrical test, but I didn't. Parts cannon for the win. I tested the 6 pin connector and there is no power when any of the lights are on. The only light in the assembly coming on is the small bulb next to the low beam. I can only imagine this comes on when there is an issue (?). Does anyone know of this issue or know how I can get a diagram of the wiring for the headlight? I did notice this same light was out twice before and then randomly came back on without anything being replaced. I am now thinking it might be a ground not tight or something similar, and once the car is bounced around it then makes contact. Electrical is not my strong area, but i thought maybe someone would know. I have checked the fuses and all check out good. Driver side works like it should.

Any help is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts