VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a a jetta and i would like to get more power out of it. I have an injen cold air intake but I would like to make more power anyone who has modded there 2.5L what did you guys do?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The 2.5l has a ceiling of roughly 200whp with bolt ons without using forced induction. That being said, a short runner intake manifold (SRI), exhaust, and a tune will normally get you close to that power number. Integrated engineering sells a whole kit including the tune which you can do at home. If you don't want to spend that kind of dough, IE or United Motorsport stage 1 tunes are normally pretty popular among those of us who daily our 2.5l and can't afford to fill up with 93 octane every week. If you have a UM dealer near you, you can get their Stage 1 tune on Black Friday for like 350 bucks plus whatever the shop charges for labor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2.5l has a ceiling of roughly 200whp with bolt ons without using forced induction. That being said, a short runner intake manifold (SRI), exhaust, and a tune will normally get you close to that power number. Integrated engineering sells a whole kit including the tune which you can do at home. If you don't want to spend that kind of dough, IE or United Motorsport stage 1 tunes are normally pretty popular among those of us who daily our 2.5l and can't afford to fill up with 93 octane every week. If you have a UM dealer near you, you can get their Stage 1 tune on Black Friday for like 350 bucks plus whatever the shop charges for labor.
thank you i will look into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
DO you have any recommendations on what headers I should get for my rabbit? I have a Catback and Injen Cold Air intake and I plan to decat and get the IE manifold soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know where I would be able to find the EVO header? I looked for them online and I don't know where to find them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you know where I would be able to find the EVO header? I looked for them online and I don't know where to find them.
Finding them used is next to impossible. ICE Engine Works makes them I believe, you may be able to reach out to them to get one made. Last I heard they ran around $1800 for the header and proprietary downpipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts