VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (Jpics)

Wow...... so the Rabbit 2-door really is basic
Even the bumpers have black moldings, not body-colored! So for those of us (me, for one) who prefer 2-doors, we will have 'cheap' transportation! The only option 2-doors get is 16" Alloy Wheels, ESP, Auto, and here's a good one--Auto Gear Selector Cover? (page 6) What? I really feel really slighted by VW.
I thought there would be the stand alone options.
As a side note: I like how some pages of Rabbit Tech Specs at the very bottom it reads: "Confidential - For Internal Use Only"
Not anymore!)

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jpics »
Rabbit
Jetta

Modified by Jpics at 6:52 PM 5-22-2006

I notice it says that the 2-door Rabbit has 15" steel wheels, while the 4-door has 15" alloy wheels. I wonder if the 4-door really comes standard with alloys, or whether that is a misprint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (sbwriter)

Quote, originally posted by sbwriter »
I notice it says that the 2-door Rabbit has 15" steel wheels, while the 4-door has 15" alloy wheels. I wonder if the 4-door really comes standard with alloys, or whether that is a misprint.

Reading it through again, I see on page 3 it says the 4-door has steel wheels, and on page 13 says it has alloy wheels. Probably page 3 is right.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (Golf Girl)

Quote, originally posted by Golf Girl »
Wow...... so the Rabbit 2-door really is basic
Even the bumpers have black moldings, not body-colored! So for those of us (me, for one) who prefer 2-doors, we will have 'cheap' transportation! The only option 2-doors get is 16" Alloy Wheels, ESP, Auto, and here's a good one--Auto Gear Selector Cover? (page 6) What? I really feel really slighted by VW.
I thought there would be the stand alone options.

Well you knew that there had to be more for the $2000 difference than just two doors! I'm surprised the 2-door doesn't have the satellite radio option, though. In any case compare the 2-door Rabbit with the original base Golf when the MkIV came out, and the Rabbit doesn't look that bad. It is still a decent value.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

The Rabbit front brake rotor size is wrong.
Oh my!
To be honest, I'm surprised how much wasn't taken out of the base cars for the price they are.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (ChrisM)

so when they say it doesnt have matching body color bumpers what does that look like? is that like how the GTI loooks without the bodykit or is it like completely colorless?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (samsmalls)

The bumpers are painted, it's just the little inserts below the headlights (and the side mouldings, too) that are black.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: 2007MY Jetta and Rabbit FULL SPECS!! (StupidGTI)

Quote, originally posted by StupidGTI »
no 2.0T in the Rabbit..but we can get a 2.0T in a jetta..wtf...

it is called GTI

·
Banned
7,100 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jpics »
it is called GTI

learn to read. We get a jetta (NOT GLI) with a 2.0T..but not a Rabbit (NOT GTI) with a 2.0T.
That doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

learn to read. We get a jetta (NOT GLI) with a 2.0T..but not a Rabbit (NOT GTI) with a 2.0T.
That doesn't make sense.

It's probably part of the move to simplify the lineup. The old Golf 1.8T kind of diluted the GTI brand. The Jetta 2.0T is intended as more of a "luxury-oriented" sedan, while the GLI is a sportier version. Remember that originally there were no plans to bring over the GLI. It took a little bit of trickery from Len Hunt to force Wolfsburg's hand on this one.
My guess is the original idea was that the Jetta would be luxury-oriented and the Golf sport-oriented.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

That doesn't make sense.

Makes plenty of sense. Rabbit is a base car. Entry level. But it's the same guts as a GTI. It shouldn't have anything but the simpliest engine.
The whole point of putting a 2.0T into the Rabbit is a semantic issue, and doesn't have to make sense.
Were you really expecting it to get a 2.0T?

1 - 20 of 147 Posts