VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments regarding the design of upcoming 2008 Honda Accord compared to the B6's design? I hardly think the design is comparable. What happened to Honda's designers?
Note: Design, not reliability.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (Pier2.0T)

Pier,
I raced Honda motorcycles for a few years and had a lot of brand loyalty. around that same time (early 80's) Honda were making a strong engineering statement that they were the masters of 4 stroke engine design and technology ( 1.5 liter F1 turbocharged engines exceeding 1200HP in qualifying setup).
I have always dreamed Honda could produce a car that I could be passionate about. To date they have never come close.
This effort is abominable, like many designs from the east it lacks (IMHO) a continuity. its part altima, part saturn, part hundai, a little toyota thrown in and I would imagine the driving dynamics are even more confusing. Reliable transportation? probably. A rewarding driving experience? I'm thinking no
They will probably sell boatloads of them and for sure Car & Driver will swoon about it...... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (200K)

Quote, originally posted by 200K »
Pier,
I raced Honda motorcycles for a few years and had a lot of brand loyalty. around that same time (early 80's) Honda were making a strong engineering statement that they were the masters of 4 stroke engine design and technology ( 1.5 liter F1 turbocharged engines exceeding 1200HP in qualifying setup).
I have always dreamed Honda could produce a car that I could be passionate about. To date they have never come close.
This effort is abominable, like many designs from the east it lacks (IMHO) a continuity. its part altima, part saturn, part hundai, a little toyota thrown in and I would imagine the driving dynamics are even more confusing. Reliable transportation? probably. A rewarding driving experience? I'm thinking no
They will probably sell boatloads of them and for sure Car & Driver will swoon about it...... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put.

·
Banned
9,572 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (gibhunter)

A bit generic, but not bad. I hope that the V6 / 6 speed combo will be back. It is supposed to have 280HP as well.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
.. hmm i would wait until i see the Special Accord V6 with all the wheels.. and body kits before i jugde the look.. althought the Concept 2 door coupe look very very nice.. I drove a V6 6MT 4 door.. it was nice but nothing special..
now, i dont agree with that camry beating the accord... at least Honda still offers MT with there V6s..
would i consider the Accord.. sure.. will it make me trade in my passat.. umm no lol.
JT

·
Registered
2019 Audi A4 Daytona Grey with sport and black optic packages. 2019 GTi SE White Silver DSG.
941 Posts

What is it with Asian make designers? Why can't they design a car with a proper looking stance with the wheels pushed out in the wells? Even the TL suffers from this problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (mkaresh)

having driven an accord when looking for a car, it's nice, but doesn't leave you wanting more like the passat did for me
nothing will top punching that throttle and being thrown back in my seat from a small powerful engine..not to mention the ride and the entire experience
also important is that not every other car on the road is like mine....people don't understand what they are missing

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (2002turboS)

Wow -- even Honda is daring to Bangle their butts (albeit ever so slightly)? I wonder if BMW will Bangle Volvo rear ends when they buy the Swedish marque soon?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: 2008 Honda Accord vs. B6 (rwbassoc)

Quote, originally posted by rwbassoc »
What is it with Asian make designers? Why can't they design a car with a proper looking stance with the wheels pushed out in the wells? Even the TL suffers from this problem.

Obviously, they're doing something right if they're pounding Detroit out of existence.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I owned a Honda Prelude and loved the car but like all Honda's the car had no soul. When you look at a Passat it evokes a response. My Honda never raised my pulse, but it was fun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.