VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of sending an ECU to get tested or repaired? I found a few websites that perform testing and repairs. some of them are in Europe. I am skeptical because i have never heard of ECU being remanufactured. I don't know if my ECU is even failing at this point. i would like to use a company in the United States. There is a company here in Michigan but the have horrible reviews and I really don't what an amateur tinkering with my ECU. Does anyone have an experience or has actually used this company Called BBA Reman. they are based here in the U.S. and they have their own forum not some fake testimonial crap other websites have. below is the link. any feed back will be appreciated.
http://www.bba-reman.com/us/index.aspx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ECU testing

I called APR Tuning, AWE tuning, and BBA reman today about testing my ECU. APR and AWE do not test ECUs just flash working ones. I asked if they would be able to tell if my ECU was completely functional if they looked or tested it and the APR rep stated that there can be multiple issues with an ECU that their software or Techs wont detect. AWE tuning rep just said that they cant do anything for me. BBA reman rep told me that they would test the unit for $100 dollars and if a repair would be needed then it would be $500. BBA rep said it would be a cloned whatever that means so i wouldn't have to take the car into the dealer to get reprogrammed. I did a google search for BBB complaints on BBA and didn't find that many. I am wondering if anyone has ever do anything like this to their ECU. last thing i need is to send them a good working ECU and then have them break it. here is link to the BBB page.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/taunton/profile/used-and-rebuilt-auto-parts/bba-remanufacturing-inc-0021-100622/customer-reviews

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.