VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2008 passat wagon. I have the ipod dock in the glove box with no aux in in the center counsel. Can't seem to get the ipod dock to work. Plugged in an old ipod 80g and iphone with no luck. Not sure if I need to get that hooked up at the dealership or what I am doing wrong to get it working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Did you have the radio replaced? There are some coding issues with ipod docks. Also, some of the radios have software updates

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone know if the iPod Click Wheel will work?

Hi,

I've just purchased a used 2008 Passat Wagon. Love the car! I have the same issue as the original poster, and am hoping someone has a solution, or suggestions. I've tried my old 20GB iPod click wheel (monochrome display), as well as my iPhone 4G. When I press the CD button, all I get is the No CD display. The manual states you might have to hit CD twice to get the iPod working, but it just bounces back to satellite radio. I've tried leaving the iPod in, and restarting the car, with the same result. I'm not sure the iPod is even charging in there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have a aftermarket unit and what worked for me when I was having a problem was a little bit of electronics parts cleaner on the contacts of the dock. Not just the compressed air can. But actual cleaner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Better a late reply than never. For anyone interested, I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the connector in the glove box. It was defective. Been working great in the Passat since then.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Better a late reply than never. For anyone interested, I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the connector in the glove box. It was defective. Been working great in the Passat since then.
Glad they got ya all fixed up. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.