VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy my first car in a long while (haven't had a need for one) and my first VW. Found this CPO at a local dealer, any thoughts? It has about 38k miles on it. I wanted to have a rough idea of what type of bargaining I might be able to accomplish on the price.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've seen '08 Wolfsburgs around here for that price (or thereabouts), but with half the mileage. I would say you should have a little wiggle room with the price. I would offer maybe $15,500 and expect to settle in the middle, around $16,000.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response. That was the same feeling I had. I shopped around some more and ended up getting a CPO '08 Wolfsburg with only 11k miles on it for $16,400. Very pleased with the purchase so far, and the additional warranty from the CPO means I have until 74k miles or Sept 2014 covered, which isn't half bad at all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Awesome! I was looking at '08+ Wolfsburgs but ended up getting a Volvo V50 T5, I really dig the wagon look + the cargo space is unbeatable. Is your engine the FSI or the TSI? When I was looking I made sure to only look at the TSI. TSI had the timing chain vs. timing belt in the FSI (no need to change the timing change, belt needs to be changed around 80k miles to 100k miles). Also be on the lookout for the camshaft follower (which is related to the high pressure fuel pump for the direct injection), they are known to be sketchy on the 2.0T. Enjoy! :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.