VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. 6 months later and I still cant get my car to be reliable.

So basically a few months back I was driving to work and the brake, abs and traction control lights came on. I tried turning it off and on to see if it was a temporary issue...it was not. Few weeks later my a bunch of lights on my dash came on. It would go into limp mode when the lights came on. The fuel gauge and speedo wouldnt work. It would be intermittent. So we changed the abs module which took away most of the lights and issues except we couldnt recode it I guess because I bought it used even though it was the same part number. Abs, traction control and brake light still on. I should also mention shortly after this happened both my headlights stopped working one after the other along with my tag light. I changed them all out and they work fine now. Idk if this has to do with it but around that time I also heard a loud pop on the left side while driving but I doubt a simple fuse would cause all these issues. Few months later since the car sat I had to replace the battery although that was strange because it was new. So I got another and it drove fine for a day then the lights began dimming and it wouldnt turn back on. It killed the battery again. We got an alternator. Didnt work. It still killed the battery. I knew there was an issue again when i put the key in and thr battery light was flashing but wouldnt turn on while driving.

I am running out of options here. Ive put so much money into this car just to get it reliable. Id hate to see it go but I am very close to just giving up. Any input would be great. Thought id mention my antenna doesnt seal anymore i wonder if it just had an electrical shortage? Also if anyone loves near orlando fl and could possible help me narrow it down 😭

1 - 1 of 1 Posts