VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a near perfect Routan, SEL Premium model, fully loaded! Nice black metallic paint. I paid $26K for this baby, has aftermarket $1300 overhead DVD players, (upgrade over original), with larger screens and can both play movies separately, plus individual rca jacks for other media such as video games on each unit, have remotes and wireless headphones.
Stowage compartments under middle row floor, leather interior is perfect. Tires have 80% tread, still under road hazard warranty.

This van in still under warranty and is good for another 5K (had to confirm this with CarMax) miles, so buy with confidence!

Recent service includes oil change, coolant fitting, new battery, new A/C compressor, serpentine belt, serviced at Jim Ellis VW of Kennesaw, GA, (still under warranty on parts and labor), factory recall on ignition switch performed.

Two new keys with keyless entry, alarm, remote start, remote sliding doors and remote opening rear hatch

Front brakes recently done plus new rotors.

Powerful 4.0 liter V6, top of the line motor for this model line and year.

Multi point climate control, controlled from front and rear.

Power seats for driver and front passenger, driver's side has 2 memory settings.

Front and second row seats have heating option

Touch screen navigation, radio media, SiriusXM satellite radio built in, Bluetooth for phone, aux and usb plugs.

Backup camera

Third row "stow & go" seats.

I am selling because our teens are grown now and we no longer need this awesome van, time for someone else to enjoy with their family, buy with confidence, you will not find a better '09! - Rich

A/C ice cold, Factory GPS system, Fully loaded with all the goodies, projector beam HID headlights, fog lights, Looks & drives great, Non-smoker, Satellite radio, Seats like new, Still under (Carmax) factory warranty, Very clean interior, Well maintained

Price is $10,400 buy with confidence

Text me or call (text me first to see if I'm available)
(770) 265-8789

Email [email protected]

Or PM me here

- Rich

Now for pics...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No reasonable offer refused, this is my remaining loan amount but I'm willing to eat a little of that, not making any money off of her. Cheers!

·
Registered
478 Posts
i might be a buyer for this van, been in the market for a couple weeks.
I am looking for a van with almost perfect maintenance records or a good Carfax.
Whats the scoop on this van? How long have you owned it and what can you tell me about it.
Also please tell me more about the 40k warranty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've owned her since 2012, she's had her oil changes regularly, new A/C compressor, plus serpentine belt about a month ago, with warranty on parts and labor for 12 months with VW dealer. I bought this van from Carmax, Carmax warranty had a 5 year/135,000 mile warranty, so that's about 40K miles left (transferable), which covers nearly everything that's not regular maintenance. (It covered the compressor and coolant fitting). Also had coolant fixture replaced, and recall on ignition switch was performed, hence the brand new keys. Carfax will show 2 incidents with previous owners, one a minor collision damaging rear plastic bumper cover (no frame or body damage), and the other was a non collision reported where a previous owner drove over tire spikes, (where a sign says "do not back up" lol) which ended up getting replacement wheels and tires. This van looks, smells and drives new. Plus Carfax and AutoCheck certify her with a buyback guarantee, no salvage title, no "total loss" accidents, all certified. Price is now $9,999.00, it's listed on eBay, Autotrader and Cars.com. If you buy it, I'll cancel the auction and the other two ads immediately. You can text or call me at (770)-265-8789. Email is [email protected] thanks for the inquiry!

·
Registered
478 Posts
What was the mileage when you purchased it? and whats the mileage now?
You say its had regular oil changes, is there any records of this, from you or the PO.
Is there anyway to get a copy or a link to the carfax?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'll have to purchase a Carfax, I can have one for you either tonight or tomorrow, and I can see if I can gather up paperwork for the oil changes, if I lost them I can have the dealer print them up for me. The mileage was approx 36K when we bought it, she has 95K miles now (mostly highway miles). As far as the previous owners, I didn't have any records, but the dealer gave her a clean bill of health.

·
Registered
478 Posts
and you are sure that the Carmax warranty is transferable? Like i said, I have been looking at a lot of vans lately. And have yet to find one with this kind of mileage that still has a warranty for another 40k. very interested.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here's the copy of the Carfax :

I forgot that I had the brake fluid flushed and changed lol, Carfax shows all the service I had done to her, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
what happened to the oil pan than ended up with it being replaced?
I know the car has almost 100k, so what does it need, or going to need done in the near future?
Can you take some more pics of it for me please. interior pics with the tv screen up. Those after market units look huge almost too big.
also some of the motor compartment. I am curious as to how much room there is with the back seat stowed and the mid seats flipped upward. They do flip forward??
My first choice was a Chrysler with the stow n go...... But the remaining warranty on your van has got me thinking i can live without stow n go.
I live about 12 hrs away, so a butt load of pics will help a lot. You can send them to my email [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer (Heritage VW) screwed up the oil pan by stripping the drain plug hole, to the point where it couldn't be remedied with a heli-coil, and leaked, I made them replace it with a new one free of charge, and never went back to that dealer again.

As far as any future needs, I'd say the transmission fluid and filter, that's it.
Getting the annual oil change this Friday as a matter of fact as well.

I'll take pics tomorrow of the DVD player screens stowed. When I first got it, I was worried they'd be too big but they turned out to be just fine, my kids love the larger screens and the flexibility of playing different movies separately and adding media like video games independently.

The middle row seats do flip forward, as well as being easy to completely be removed if needs be.

I'll take pics of the third row stowed and the middle row folded forward. Plus the engine compartment.

You won't be disappointed, this van was great for the family and will be just as reliable as it was for us. Plus I liked having the VW badges on it as I've been a lifelong VW fan. I'll email those pics tomorrow

·
Registered
478 Posts
Cool. When you take the pics can you also show me any blemishes, dings and scratches,
I am curious as too how much space is in it, as it will be primarily a work vehicle, with occasional weekend trips.
Can you pull a tape and tell me how many feet from the back door to the mid seats in the flipped position.
Sometimes I think I might be a little nuts with this VW obsession I have, but blue & white flow through my veins.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I sent pics to your email earlier, I can take pics of the very few blemishes she has. For the measuring, do you want me to measure over the flipped seats or to the back of them? I had to replace some doors in my house earlier this year, three doors fit nicely in the van with the flipped seats and third row flipped but not stowed all the way, mattress and box spring fit on another occasion. I'm a longtime VW nut here as well, owned 11 over the past 24 years, the notable ones I miss the most is a modified '80 Scirocco and my baby, a slightly massaged '90 Corrado G60, had that one 15 years lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote.... "If you sell your car, the coverage is transferable (Some restrictions apply. Please see extended service plan's written policy.)...end Quote.
Seeing as this is the main reason I'm considering your van, can you make sure in your service plan written policy, that the policy is transferable.
With my luck, I'd be in the "some restrictions apply" zone.
Looking forward to more pics.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just called CarMax, I was mistaken regarding how many miles I had left on the warranty, it's 6 years or 100k miles, I'm at 95k on the odometer. Warranty is transferable but seeing the mileage left...now you're always more than welcome to get your own extended warranty on the van. It's well sorted out and ready for miles of trouble free driving. Let me know if you're still interested as I need to make a decision on my end. Thanks. Text me at (770)265-8789 or message here. Let me know soon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts