VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads on programming the key fob but they haven't answered my question.

So the key fobs that came with the tiguan were not working. you could press the buttons and on one, the little light would flash and on the other no light, but on both neither locked/unlocked on the car.

I replaced the battery on both and since the one key fob looked worse for wear I purchased a replacement from ebay and swapped over the electronics and key into it. (new battery as well)

I used the VCDS and tried to program the fobs. Followed the procedure
channel 00 - to clear the old
channel 01 - read - enter 2 - test - save - yes.
I press the unlock button on first remote, flashers blink, press unlock on second remote, flashers blink (sometimes during programming the old remote wouldn't take and make the flashers blink).
Exit out. remove key from ignition and try remotes. First one locks and unlocks, second one does nothing.
BTW - the fob that works each time I do this is the one I swapped from ebay, the original is the problem.

I tried the programming numerous times and when you go into VCDS it only shows one key programmed.

Also even the new remote stops functioning after about 5 minutes. the little red light blinks when pressing buttons but it wont unlock/lock the car.

So my questions:
  1. Am I not programming them correctly?
  2. Is my original remote beyond programing?
  3. why does the swapped remote stop working after a couple of minutes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to ask:
  1. when the remote did work, only the lock and unlock worked. The panic button and hatch did not work.
  2. Am I supposed to press all the buttons on the remote when I'm programming it, or just the unlock button.
  3. Is there a close out procedure to the programing that i am not doing that is causing the remotes to not "take"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts