VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very embarrassed to say, the whole problem appears to have been the bad Window motor module. I kept thinking on what could be wrong, everything works but the door locks. I took that door apart again and the door lock main wire harness was not connected? It is near impossible to reach so I took the entire door apart once more, windows removed, door handle removed and pulled that new door lock actuator out. Looked at it to determine why the wire had disconnected since I knew it was in there when I installed it. The harness would not clip onto the door lock module no matter what I tried. Comparing this to the old door lock module I found the chinese copy module was made a little differently and the harness would not lock in place, it fits, goes fully on but would not lock in place. I think when I first installed it I slipped it fully in place and moved to the next job without checking if the lock engaged. So I installed the old lock actuator back into the door, the harness clipped in and locked as it should on the old module and when assembled everything is working as intended. Door locks work. Windows all work, no more battery drain. The only think is the car does not honk to verify it is locked. That may be controlled in the car computer and set to be off, I have not checked.
As someone advised early, just replace the window motor module and it would be fixed. Yep Yep Yep. That would have been the ticket. The window motor is easy to install, maybe 20 minutes start to finish. The door lock actuator is much harder. Since I was having problems with the door lock and the dash kept saying the door was open when it was not and then later said it was closed when open or not I focused on that door lock actuator. Thanks for the therapy. I went down tonight after dinner and worked a few hours to wrap this project up.

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
314 Posts
Look on the bright side - you learned the ins and outs of the rear doors. (y)
It is rewarding in itself when you discover the solution to the problem.
Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Today I tried to install a new leather seat bottom on the driver seat, someone had sat in that seat with something sharp and left a 3" cut. New seat bottom is now hear, I have the seat out and 3/4 taken apart. Wow, nothing is easy. I have done several seats on other cars with no real issue, this one is complicated on the CC. Once that is done on to the timing chain and tensioners and a new intake manifold to kill the P2015 code and give it all new fluids. Then it should be a nice car.

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
314 Posts
Oh, you have that 2.0 TSI 'sweet' engine that could have the plastic chain tensioner break and make your day...
Smart move to replace it. Did you order the holding/locking tool?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts