VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new software tune is now available. All we need is your ECM and you are gone. Finally the car goes as it should with no trade-off exchanging mileage for performance. We did a JSW today as you can see in the video below. If you are interested just e-mail us or give us a call at 585.742.9310. Pete, Stratmosphere

http://www.stratmosphere.com/oct_vw.htm

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Have you done any MkVI Golf TDIs yet? It's hard to believe there hasn't been more comments on this yet...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Do you have an actual dyno pull before the tune and one after the tune? (Rather than the very nice looking marketing graphic posted above.)

Can the dealer see your tune?

Does it increase the "flash count" on the ECU?

Can I turn the tune on and off?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Their info indicates the flash does not increase the ecu flash count and the dealer can't see it. I am also looking forward to actual dyno graphs.

1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to round up the actual dyno chart. However, the chart above must be legally met (the values) or it's a crime in Europe due to misrepresentation. In Europe you can't claim results that cannot be verified. So, if anything the above chart is pessimistic. In Europe there have been charges brought against tuners that have over claimed.

And to address some of the other questions. Dealer can see any tune if they can observe boost levels during driving. Otherwise they cannot. We don't bump the flash count since we achieve the programming in a different way (but there is no soldering). The tune cannot be turned on/off. Keep in mind that the dealers are fully aware of how to detect that feature which can be a dead giveaway if you are thinking it's a way to hide tuning. Pete

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Interesting,,,

Does this pour black smoke out of the tail pipes like the "tooned" trucks?

What does it do to your mpg?
The page he linked to indicates a small improvement in MPG. This would correlate with most moderate diesel "tuning" ecu modifications.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Pete,

Has this software been tested extensively with the NOx catalytic converter (and modified EGR) that we have over the European engines?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I'm trying to round up the actual dyno chart. However, the chart above must be legally met (the values) or it's a crime in Europe due to misrepresentation. In Europe you can't claim results that cannot be verified. So, if anything the above chart is pessimistic. In Europe there have been charges brought against tuners that have over claimed.

And to address some of the other questions. Dealer can see any tune if they can observe boost levels during driving. Otherwise they cannot. We don't bump the flash count since we achieve the programming in a different way (but there is no soldering). The tune cannot be turned on/off. Keep in mind that the dealers are fully aware of how to detect that feature which can be a dead giveaway if you are thinking it's a way to hide tuning. Pete
And how much boost is this tune running? The factory tune runs 22-23 psi so I'm very curious what an aftermarket tune is showing!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I bet it is running 25-30lbs for boost. but it would be nice to see a real dyno vid and some real numbers not the fancey graph. Has anyone had other products of tuning from this OCT company? what about Stratmosphere compnay? i am not new to the VW/Audi scene but have not heard of either.
Also anyone have this chip yet? would like to get someones view that actually has this product.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Have you done any MkVI Golf TDIs yet? It's hard to believe there hasn't been more comments on this yet...

Color me skeptical. I'll wait a while before I trust that something like this wont f up my car. My 1998 TDI just somewhat died at 200kmi with a blown piston after half its life with a chip, to say nothing of emissions systems issues.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
super interested. would love to see some actual dyno pulls. Where are you guys located, and will you be at any of the shows this year to do the flash, I cant have my ecu out of my car for any period of time.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If the Acceleration times stated in O.CT's promo piece are actual before and after on the same car (as they claim), the improvement seems to justify the torque/power gains. But, I agree, dyno graphs are the best verification as some stock motors seem to dyno well over the posted 140 bhp spec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts