VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Audi hasn't said anything about a Q7 refresh, but it looks like they've done it. They finally added the LEDs to the Q7, to make it look more like the V12 TDI. Does look a lot more sportier and aggressive (Sline?), compared to the Q7, we have in our driveway.

and our Q7 (disregard the quality, it was taken on my Nokia N95)

·
Registered
13,591 Posts
FV-QR

Me no likey. I've always disliked the way the side glass tapers towards the rear, and the hatch cut line always looked strange to me. Seeing the Q7 and the new Q5 next to eachother really amplified for me how much more attractive the Q5 is.

·
35,022 Posts
Re: (AnotherDubLover90)

looks like a minivan.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: ~2010 Audi Q7 spotted in Atlanta (AutoUnion32)

Quote, originally posted by AutoUnion32 »
It seems Audi hasn't said anything about a Q7 refresh, but it looks like they've done it. They finally added the LEDs to the Q7, to make it look more like the V12 TDI. Does look a lot more sportier and aggressive (Sline?), compared to the Q7, we have in our driveway.

Nice spotting... thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,781 Posts

Spotted this TDI Q7 out here in So Cal ....

really good looking car.
although it seems to be lacking the Led tails of the first one posted.

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Doesn't look USDM. Looks like the plate cut-out and mounting holes are European.
I still can't approve of that tailgate http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
And yes, traffic here sucks ****. That looks like Gwinnett, and people who live there deserve to be stuck in it
(sorry Eddie)

·
Registered
19,725 Posts
Re: ~2010 Audi Q7 spotted in Atlanta (Lasrsktr)

Quote, originally posted by Lasrsktr »
Spotted this TDI Q7 out here in So Cal ....

really good looking car.
although it seems to be lacking the Led tails of the first one posted.

Yeah, that's an '09 TDI. I've been driving one for the past few weeks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Facelift comes in '10 along with 3G MMI.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Re: ~2010 Audi Q7 spotted in Atlanta (Shomegrown)

Quote, originally posted by Shomegrown »

Yeah, that's an '09 TDI. I've been driving one for the past few weeks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Facelift comes in '10 along with 3G MMI.

haha shows what i know...
Spotted the manufacture plate.... TDI plastered everywhere on the car and was like interesting...

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Re: FV-QR (jwaters943)

Quote, originally posted by jwaters943 »
Me no likey. I've always disliked the way the side glass tapers towards the rear, and the hatch cut line always looked strange to me. Seeing the Q7 and the new Q5 next to eachother really amplified for me how much more attractive the Q5 is.

If we had a Q5 choice in 2006 I would have taken the Audi instead of the Mercedes ML 350. The Q7 was just too much (in size/heft) and I've never completely warmed up to the styling.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Re: (Beltfed)

Great spotting, you should copyright them or w/e and send them to a website or magazine! And on the topic of the car, somehow it looks slimmer, and is much more tied in with their current line-up. I really like what they did with the rear license plate surround

·
Registered
Model 3P, 981 Boxster S
3,991 Posts

I feel that Audis are underrated to the American population. Was also thinking they would be perfect in South America. Well until they break.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
FV-QR

I hope they keep that bigger plate cut-out for the US market too. The fact that Audi, VW & Co. spend extra money making different body panels for the US market, at the same time completely wrecking the styling of the car is beyond me and a deal breaker. In some cases it isn't that bad, but the Q7 is the biggest culprit and I balk every time I see one from behind.

The EU-Spec Q7 has a balanced, flowing rear. The proportions work, and overall, its an attractive form.

The NA-spec Q7 has a plate cutout that doesn't seem to match up with the rest of the rear components. It looks undersized, and comparatively an afterthought in the context of the other parts. The end looks like its got chubby butt-cheeks and unbalanced.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts